Sign in to follow this  
Jessalyn

1st Fitting...Estimate...$625 - $775!!!! Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBRIDEMA View Post
I know its friken crazy. Mine were almost 300. All I had done was take in the bust and hem the skirt. I had a bra sewen in and the bustle aswell. It is such a scam
Sarah
Sarah, At this point $300 is sounding like a steal! $300 was about what I had expected to spend. But alterations are highway robbery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
What?!? That is insane. My dress didn't need alterations, but that seems super expensive. I wouldn't have thought it would be that expensive.

My friend brought a wedding dress from a bridal store and alterations were free. Did you not buy your dress from a store? I guess someone else would know better than me about the cost, but really, that seems a bit high!
Jessica ~ You're lucky you didn't need alterations. I bought my dress online instead of at a bridal salon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
HOLLY CRAP Jess,, that is insane.. I paid 150.00 extra to have my dress made hollow hem. And they told me "most" of their alterations were $250.00, but they won't know for sure until my first fitting (on the 3rd) So I will let you know when I talk to them. But I'm having the same stuff done to my dress are you are to yours. OMG if that's what they tell me, I will fall over.
Tammy ~ I'm sure yours won't be that expensive. I'm curious to hear how your fitting goes and how much it is going to cost you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie M View Post
Oh my god that is insane!!!! You have to find a seamstress you can trust that doesn't work at a bridal salon maybe and can do just as good of a job for you!!! Wow that is crazy!!

They are just making money off of you because you didn't buy your dress from them!!
Natalie ~ The alterations place I took my dress to was actually part of a dry cleaners. But, they are in La Jolla. Have you heard of La Jolla? ...Let's just say add 100% to the cost of anything in that town....way out of my league. I think they saw me coming in my levis, flip flops and long sleeve target t-shirt....HA!!

the price of my dress included a hollow to hem ( i think that's what it's called anyway) so i am hoping that i have minimal alterations. mainly just put the boobie holders in! and since i am clearly not losing any weight - there shouldn't be much to take in either!

You know what ladies I am just not going to wear a bra. There is no way I can afford a built in bra. I seriously went over budget with my dress. Errrr.....

okay, so I have made another appointment with a different lady for next Tuesday. I'll let ya'll know how it goes and the difference in price.....pray for me that it will cost way less than half of the original quote.

jessalyn- how much do you have to have done? i am asking because our weddings are close together and i wasnt planning on getting alterations until next month.......what do you think? i just need it taken in and bra sewn in