Photo

Traveling with dress...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

So lets say I was driving to my destination wedding. It would be about 2-4 days to get there. We will be driving in a mini cooper. What kind of dress would be easy to transport?

Or would shipping be an option? Or could it get lost in the shipping process?

#2 Erica053009

Erica053009
    • 513 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

Matte Jersey travels really, really well, taffeta and some laces as well stay away from chiffon, satin and silk. You can always shipped it but take out insurance and make sure there is someone to sign for it you do take a few more risk but it is easier. Also check with your hotel or local dry cleaners and set up an appointment for steaming and then it doesn't matter the fabric

#3 neen

neen
      • 633 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

interesting that you're driving to your DW...that could be fun! this is going to sound bad, but all the polyester blends travel well (mine is alecon lace, but really that's polyester!)

#4 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
        • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

Charmeuse and Taffeta travels really well. I went with Nicole Milller. Great selction of dresses for a DW. check out the 2008 collection.

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

I would travel with my dress. I wouldn't want to risk losing it in the shipping process.

#6 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
            • 1,225 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for the tips ladies :)

Scheduling an appt to have it steamed when I get there is an excellent idea!

I think I would be worried the whole trip if I shipped it!

#7 lmg970

lmg970
              • 316 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

I would be too afraid also to ship, I have seen too many packages show up in tatters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users