Photo

HELP!! What are you all giving your grooms for gifts???

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Nanner431

Nanner431
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:35 AM

Because we are going away it's hard to find appropiate gifts for the groom? What are all of you doing?

#2 yamille

yamille
    • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

I probably won't buy a gift.. I was thinking more of writing or creating something. I never knew this thing about gifts before. I learn something new on this forum all the time!

If I can't create something... Maybe find a poem that speaks about us or our love or something and calligraphy it on some special paper or something as a memory. I could also chronicle some times together in a little book with photos and some writing or something like that. I did something similar for Valentines day and it was sweet for him and also really fun for me to do.

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

I had a really hard time doing my grooms gift. He loves to golf so I ended up buying him the "best" putter they make. For his bachlor party him and all the guys went away and did two days of golfing so i gave it to him the day he left so he could use it. Plus there was no way I was packing it all the way to mexico. On the actual wedding day I gave him a card, and wrote him a long letter. Hope that helps.
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

I'm buying him this really nice humidor he's been eyeing for a while and having his initials put in it

#5 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

I am giving will a photobook of my boudoir pictures (that I hope to do in January some time). I will let him open it the morning of our wedding. I figured it would fit in a suitcase fine and (hopefully) he will flip his lid when he sees the pictures

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

I'm doing the BD book thing too, but I just don't know how to present it to him yet... or when for that matter.

#7 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

I'm showing up at the wedding...I figure that's gift enough!

LOL that was supposed to be a funny :) (then again, anyone who remembers our "issues" in july...it really could be the gift lol) Have no idea what I'm getting him if anything.
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:42 PM

Dez921714 that is too funny and i think its the perfect gift.

I am giving FI a BD book and I am going to give it to him the night before the wedding since we are not staying in the same room. I am also considering getting him a nice watch.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

Dez - you crack me up!

I got DH a nice watch.

I don't know where I got it, but I have always thought that you give your husband a watch and he gives you pearls. I guess it's some tradition I made up, so I followed it!

#10 JennyK

JennyK
                    • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Im giving him the BD book and a card.. I doubt he'll even know to get me anything lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users