Silk dress and TTD??

I have a silk dress and am doing a TTD. Never thought twice about it until tonight when I went to pick up my dress and they told me to be sure my dress doesn't get wet because it will stain with water spots. I asked "what happens if the entire dress gets wet" to which he said "well then it's all one big water spot"

Has anyone had a silk dress and either gotten it wet or done a TTD?

Now I'm a little nervous about what will happen with my dress. My mom is going to be less than happy if the TTD actually trashes the dress.

Oh no! My dress is silk too, and I also wanted to do a TTD...mine wasn't that expensive so I may not care either way, but I'm curious to know more...

Tara, only 4 days to go!!! How exciting!:)

And I love your engagement photos!

Best of luck on your big day, and I hope someone posts about the silk & TTD before then!

oh no tara! that really bites, its not like you can rush out and get a backup.

ok, just a brainstorm idea, BUT you know how in mexico they have those lovely mexican style muslin dresses? like with the ruffle/lace border around the top and hem? you could get one of those at the market by the malecon, and use that as your TTD. it would probably work out really cool. you would just need to make sure you have nude colored undies.... wink.gif

i hope it works out for you, either way!

so i got my sample fabric wet last night. it dried fine, little crinkly but nothing worth getting upset over.

however, it was totally see through!!!!!!

crap, i don't know what to do. i'd consider david's but we leave tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
so i got my sample fabric wet last night. it dried fine, little crinkly but nothing worth getting upset over.

however, it was totally see through!!!!!!

crap, i don't know what to do. i'd consider david's but we leave tomorrow...

I did trash my silk dress... it did become see thru, so remember that!
Also, after coming out of the water, the silk did not feel very silky anymore.
But, after I dry cleaned it, it was fine. It wasn't a big deal to my anyhow, since I went into it thinking it may be ruined- and what is the difference if it is just going to be stored the rest of my life!
And, the stains on the bottom of the dress didn't come out after being dry cleaned anyhow.( I had a long dress and it dragged on the floor)
I plan on cutting it up and using the material for a baptismal dress.

Ah, thanks Shea! I knew someone on here had to have done it before.

I assume just the skirt becomes see through? If you did it again, what would you wear under the dress?

I'm not totally concerned about it being "trashed" but my mom is, and she bought my dress and it wasn't exactly a cheapo, so that's where my concern is.