Photo

Black Veil??

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 brit11898

brit11898
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

So I have never been a veil person. I liked the birdcage veils- but I am just seeing way more of them now and my sister in law who just got married wore one. Then I was on Etsy and saw some pretty unique black birdcage veils.

We are having a black and white wedding in Mexico- just a fun atmosphere nothing too traditional or anything- but I thought this might be something different and fun... i dunno. is it too weird. any opinions would be great.
    have attatched some link so you can get the hint.

Etsy :: brendasbridalveils :: Black Short Blusher Birdcage Veil French Netting On Comb

Birdcage Veil - Birdcage Veils

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

That is a pretty neat idea a black and white wedding. What does your dress look like?
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

hmm, not sure. i think of a funeral outfit. don't people wear black bird cages veils at funerals? i might be wrong on that. or is it while in mourning?

#4 brit11898

brit11898
        • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

This is my dress- not on me though.
          she is wearing a regular birdcage veil.

Birdcage Veil - Birdcage Veils

the whole funueral thing- I thought that too at first- but the idea is kinda growing on me- obviously i can find pics of them meaning people are doing them for their wedding. I am just wondering if i can pull it off...

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

I think if you wear a white dress with the black veil and you are doing a black and white theme it would be cool! I really like the dress by the way!!
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

I find birdcage veils very sexy. I saw that black one on etsy as well as a red one..

#7 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

Your dress is gorgeous and I love the idea of a birdcage veil..

In my totally honest opinion, I am not sure about the black one. The white one looks stunning.. but black may be a bit funeral-esque.

That all being said, if you love the idea of the black birdcage and wear it with confidence *along with some fab black accessories* - then I am sure you will look great!!!

Let us know what you decide.

#8 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                • 1,209 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

I absolutely love birdcage veils! When I was engaged before (last FI) I was totally going to go that route... but they were harder to find.

I think you should totally do it! But I kind of prefer the white myself. Maybe you could do a black feather with it or some black accessories? And you could have dramatic makeup on too?

#9 milejilo

milejilo
                  • 313 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

hmmmm, that's a tough one... i really like the idea of a bird cage veil wether you go black or white, not sure. how about you do a white one for the ceremony and then a black one for the reception...

#10 Mel&B

Mel&B
                    • 613 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

If you think you can rock it, then rock it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users