Sign in to follow this  

So I have never been a veil person. I liked the birdcage veils- but I am just seeing way more of them now and my sister in law who just got married wore one. Then I was on Etsy and saw some pretty unique black birdcage veils.

We are having a black and white wedding in Mexico- just a fun atmosphere nothing too traditional or anything- but I thought this might be something different and fun... i dunno. is it too weird. any opinions would be great.

have attatched some link so you can get the hint.

Etsy :: brendasbridalveils :: Black Short Blusher Birdcage Veil French Netting On Comb

Birdcage Veil - Birdcage Veils

hmm, not sure. i think of a funeral outfit. don't people wear black bird cages veils at funerals? i might be wrong on that. or is it while in mourning?

This is my dress- not on me though.

she is wearing a regular birdcage veil.

Birdcage Veil - Birdcage Veils

the whole funueral thing- I thought that too at first- but the idea is kinda growing on me- obviously i can find pics of them meaning people are doing them for their wedding. I am just wondering if i can pull it off...

I think if you wear a white dress with the black veil and you are doing a black and white theme it would be cool! I really like the dress by the way!!

Your dress is gorgeous and I love the idea of a birdcage veil..

In my totally honest opinion, I am not sure about the black one. The white one looks stunning.. but black may be a bit funeral-esque.

That all being said, if you love the idea of the black birdcage and wear it with confidence *along with some fab black accessories* - then I am sure you will look great!!!

Let us know what you decide.

I absolutely love birdcage veils! When I was engaged before (last FI) I was totally going to go that route... but they were harder to find.

I think you should totally do it! But I kind of prefer the white myself. Maybe you could do a black feather with it or some black accessories? And you could have dramatic makeup on too?

hmmmm, that's a tough one... i really like the idea of a bird cage veil wether you go black or white, not sure. how about you do a white one for the ceremony and then a black one for the reception...