Leia's Wright Travel Agency Review

Leia78

Tammy has done so much for me and my guests, I had to write a separate review...it's long...here it goes:

To all the newbies still deciding on a TA, pls. don’t look any further. Tammy has been an amazing TA/friend. I highly recommend her company to any bride wanting to have a DW.

Just a quick aside, I was a lurker on the forum way before I got engaged. I never joined b/c I never joined any forum before BDW and thought it was kinda weird to chat w/ people online. But, I did love all the ideas and reviews on BDW, I would just search the forum as an “outsider”. I was so obsessed w/ Tammy and Steve’s wedding, which led me to Juan Carlos Tapia…then I was obsessed w/ his work! I also loved Tammy B’s, Sarah’s, Angela’s, Karla V’s and Rebecca’s wedding too. I would show John Juan’s website and we would watch all the slideshows over and over again. Fast forward to 9/11/07…I got engaged and finally “joined” the forum as a member. But it took me a long time to even post b/c I felt awkward and didn’t think anyone would respond to me. Anyways, the very first day I went back to work after I got engaged, I met Tammy and Steve! Talk about fate! I quickly introduced myself…Tammy probably thought I was crazy…but I had to b/c I’ve been following her wedding for almost a whole year! Ironically John and I were just looking at their wedding photos the night before! She convinced me to post in the newbie section…and the rest is history!

Anyways, back to my review…We had 87 guests attend our wedding. I would say 95% booked with Tammy. A lot of our family members, especially our aunts and uncles have never traveled outside of the country before. Most are also not internet savvy. They had a gazillion questions for Tammy regarding traveling to Mexico and about Dreams hotel. Sometimes calling her over and over again. She was patient throughout the whole process, answering their questions as they would arise.

She was also very flexible w/ the deposits and payments. Let’s just say I had a guest who still owed her money up until the day he left for Cabo! He still got his vouchers for the hotel and transfer w/out a problem! It was a tremendous fete to gather everyones deposit and payments…and for that I must give her a round of applause.

Another thing that Tammy did was she was able to get us the best price for Dreams. She beat out all the other internet competitors out there. Which was great b/c my family always wants a “deal”.

The few who ended up booking w/ orbitz or cheaptickets were stuck w/ their dates to Cabo. For those who booked thru Tammy, they were able to switch their hotel dates, over and over again, without a problem. I felt so bad about this….since it was an inconvenience for her to change all the paperwork. But she made it happen! Let me give you an example: I initially had M book for 10/22 – 10/26. She then wanted to add her friend, S, in the same room but for the dates 10/23 – 10/26. Then along comes another girl, A, who wanted to stay in their room too from 10/23 – 10/26. A month before their departure date, A, decideds that she wants to stay an extra day (till 10/27) in another room w/ another person! Tammy finagled this reservation and all 4 people did not even have a problem during check in.

She also helped me make reservations for John’s grandparents who required 2 handicapped rooms. Dreams accommodated us so much…they gave us the 2 handicapped rooms and a third room (which was a 2 bedroom suite…free upgrade…I definitely think it was b/c we booked thru her) all side by side for John’s parents and his 2 sets of grandparents. Amazing service!

Tammy also helped me out through the wedding planning process. If I was unsure about a certain vendor, she would talk to me about it and gave me reassurance about my decision. There was also a mishap w/ my welcome dinner location, which she totally fixed for me.

Tammy is truly the best! She works very closely with Dreams, she is honest, organized, funny, and really easy to work with. I highly recommend her services to anyone!!!!!

PS

I'm working on my wedding review....

GREAT REVIEW!!! I have to say i love Tammy as well Donnie was in charge of the travel so he and Tammy emailed always and she came through so great (i know my grandmother talked to tammy so much. she was nervous) my family just loved her... all of our guests where very pleased as well as donnie and i , I have to write my review very soon but Tammy is the best and a sweatheart as well!!!

Leia that was an awesome review and so dead on! wink.gif

Our group was not nearly as large as yours but Tammy came through for me and all my guest as well. I myself changed my date on my reservation and had stayed at 3 different places and tammy got it all figured out.

My friend and her husband were booked and then they had to back out but then two of my girlfriends were leaving their husbands at home and they hadn't booked yet so tammy was able to switch the reservation out and have my girfriends take the other couple's spot...not to mention the couple who cancelled at the last minute..

I think it helps so much that Tammy has all the connections at deams...she really does have pull around there I think...because they really appreciate all the business she sends them.

I agree, if you haven't booked a TA yet or plan to just book your trip online by yourself...contact tammy first...I am all about price and saving a penny and I agree with Leia that not one website could beat the price we got...and I am pretty sure I looked at EVERY travel site. Plus it's nice to know that you have flexibility and have someone to work for you if something goes wrong! :)

Thanks Tammy!

awww...thanks you guys...you are so sweet blush2.giflove.gif

i am totally blushing right now and want to cry...gosh, i wonder if i am hormonal.

seriously though...i truly LOVED working with all you gals...Leia, Erica, Michelle..you girls are awesome and i know i also made great friends with you guys. i am so lucky to have such great clients!

i can't wait to meet you all someday soon...maybe we can plan an anniversary trip around the same time next year? smile29.gifplane.gif

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

If you are still looking for a TA please, please look no further. Tammy is wonderful! I'm sure the other TA's on this forum are just as good but I've only spoken with Tammy.

And the craziest thing! She isn't even my "official" TA!!! My TA has gone awol when I needed her most. My resort, Dreams Tulum has been shut down and I am going berserk trying to figure out what to do.

In comes Tammy to the rescue!

She's quick, knows her stuff, and extremely helpful. So of course, some of my guests are now booking through her.

If this forum is a blessing it's all thanks to Tammy!

I really wouldn't have been able to plan a DW without this sounding board and Tammy!

thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post
awww...thanks you guys...you are so sweet blush2.giflove.gif

i am totally blushing right now and want to cry...gosh, i wonder if i am hormonal.

seriously though...i truly LOVED working with all you gals...Leia, Erica, Michelle..you girls are awesome and i know i also made great friends with you guys. i am so lucky to have such great clients!

i can't wait to meet you all someday soon...maybe we can plan an anniversary trip around the same time next year? smile29.gifplane.gif
I really can't thank you enough. This sounds so cheesy, but you really did help our "dream wedding" come true. Tell Jackson Auntie Leia says hi!!!!hug2.gif