Photo

My Riu Palace Las Americas Wedding Review *w/ pics* (very long)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

Congratulations!! you looked great!

#12 Angel

Angel
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

Congrats!!! You look beautiful.

#13 jarauz

jarauz
    • 251 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Beautiful pictures. You looked beautiful.

#14 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
      • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

Hi! Your pictures are great! I am a future bride at a RIU resort next May. The WC keeps telling me that there is a strict policy about outside photographers and that I cannot hire one. Is that true?? Was it an issue for you??

Thanks! Kara
        [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
        May 20, 2009
        Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
        Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#15 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
        • 315 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:44 AM

wow, sorry to hear about that horrible WC!!!

Great pictures!!!! which one of the del sol photographer took you photos?

Do you have any TTD as well?

#16 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
          • 514 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lenchika
            I love the rose petals! Great colors. Did you get them from the hotel?
            I noticed your hubby wearing flipflops on the rocks! That's too cute peaking from under the suit :)

I'm a future bride at RPLA in October 2009 - just in the beginning of the process. Kind of nerve wracking hearing about Pamela's lack of response. It took her 1.5 weeks to reply to one email so far. I think I'm ok with that...what bothered me in your review - her total lack of accountability during the wedding
            Hi! Your pictures are great! I am a future bride at a RIU resort next May. The WC keeps telling me that there is a strict policy about outside photographers and that I cannot hire one. Is that true?? Was it an issue for you??

Thanks! Kara
            That's odd about the photog rule. I asked in the beginning stages of my planning regarding outside vendors and the hotel was fine with it as long as I paid for day passes. I ended up bringing two photographers, one videographer and a mariachi of six people that were all outside vendors. I wonder why the rules would be different in the RM RIU's from the ones in Cancun?! Have you talked to the supervisor that overlooks the wedding department about this?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ErikDaGenErik
            wow, sorry to hear about that horrible WC!!!

Great pictures!!!! which one of the del sol photographer took you photos?

Do you have any TTD as well?
            Thanks! We hired Vincent to do both our wedding and TTD pics, but he was sick the day of our wedding, so Diego took the pics. Vincent was there to take our our TTD pics and we thought he did a great job. Here's the link to the thread where I posted the pics. It's only a few, but he took some amazing pics that aren't even on the slideshow that I'm totally in love with!

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t30112

#17 Myda77

Myda77
            • 821 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

Congratulations!! Love love love that pic on the rocks! You guys look amazing.
              Maida & Tomas
              Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#18 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:15 AM

Great review!!!
                It was just today that I was going through your pictures again...they are beautiful! I could watch them over & over!! I think my fav (or one of them!) is when you are first coming out of the building about to walk down the aisle & you're crying! It's so moving!!!!!

#19 rach220

rach220
                • 532 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

Your pictures are gorgeous!!!

Too bad you had some problems with the WC, but it looks like it turned out wonderful in the end!

Thanks for posting :)

Married July 16, 2009
                  Aventura Cove Palace Resort
                  Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#20 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                  • 514 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BachataBride
                    Great review!!!
                    It was just today that I was going through your pictures again...they are beautiful! I could watch them over & over!! I think my fav (or one of them!) is when you are first coming out of the building about to walk down the aisle & you're crying! It's so moving!!!!!
                    Ahh, you're too sweet! Thanks! That's one of my favorite pics too. It's funny because when I got out of the hotel to start walking down the aisle, the "wedding" really wasn't what was making me cry, it was the fact that there were soooo many people starring at me and I started to get really nervous and scared. So, I began crying and the entire way down the aisle my dad was cracking me up to relax me and thank goodness it worked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users