• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jennifer24

jennifer24
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

I was wondering.........when you have your reception at the
    Mammee Bay Restaurant, is the area for your wedding party separate from other guests? Will we be able to speak without the whole restaurant listening? We didn't pay for a private reception.

J

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

Yes, your wedding party is seated separately from the rest of the guests in the restaurant. You're kinda tucked away in your own little area. You will have plenty of privacy & the other guests will not be able to hear you. You will have a wonderful time at Mammee Bay!

Also, definitely search the Jamaica threads & look at other ROR wedding reviews. You'll probably come across pics of receptions at Mammee Bay.

#3 jennifer24

jennifer24
      • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:56 AM

Thank you. I was a little concerned that everyone in the restaurant would be listening to our speeches and what not. What a relief!

#4 blurt

blurt
        • 105 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:42 AM

Hi, do they cover the chairs and dress the table ? if so can you chose the colour ?

#5 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

You can pay to have the chairs covered and for sashes. I think they just put candles and petals on the table.

#6 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jennifer24
              Thank you. I was a little concerned that everyone in the restaurant would be listening to our speeches and what not. What a relief!
              You will be fine! Other guests will probably look at you guys because of the wedding, but no one will bother you at all.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by blurt
              Hi, do they cover the chairs and dress the table ? if so can you chose the colour ?
              Yes, you can pick the colors that you want for the chair covers & sashes. If you get the chair covers/sashes for your ceremony they automatically move the chairs to your reception location.

#7 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
              • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

I must say that bdw is a great site and I have learned so much, but I am finding myself getting confused lol. I am planning on just having the free ceremony and not really adding anything to it. Jennifer 24, is this the package that you are having you mentioned not paying for a private reception. Even with the free package do we still get the option of an area sectioned off for reception.

I have read so much that sometimes everything just starts to blend together lol

chris
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#8 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for the info

Chris
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users