Jump to content

Photo

Post Your Honeymoon Spot


  • Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
  • Member
  • 599 posts

    Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

    Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

    belize for our honey moon**


    Have you decided how you're going to get to Belize? I read about one bride who used a transportation service that took her and her hubby to the border, and then they took a water taxi to Belize.  I don't know much about the country, but it sounds wonderful..



    #122 brownsugarbride

    brownsugarbride
    • Member
    • 599 posts

      Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

      Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 


      I am seriously thinking about Le Reve.  It might be a bit challenging, given that people tend to rent the whole hotel out for weddings, but it looks so relaxing and the food is supposed to be fabulous!  (My other option is Belize, but it's not clear that FH wants to do any more traveling during our weddingmoon.)  Here is a great review of Le Reve from a wedding planner who recommends it as a honeymoon spot:

      http://runawaybrided...del-carmen.html

       

      Le Reve is booked up already around the time of my wedding! *sigh*  I wonder if I should drop them a line so that they can let me know if any rooms will be freed up (e.g. wedding room block isn't filled up).



      #123 MrsPeele2B

      MrsPeele2B
      • Jr. Member
      • 187 posts

        Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

        Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 


        Have you decided how you're going to get to Belize? I read about one bride who used a transportation service that took her and her hubby to the border, and then they took a water taxi to Belize.  I don't know much about the country, but it sounds wonderful..

        I haven't decided. After reading this post last night I was looking into flights from Cancun and I was unable to find flights. I wasn't really looking htat hard though. I was tired. I have a few friends who went to Ambergis cay and they flew into Belize and took a water taxi to the resort. They loved it. I am hoping to do some snorkeling and scuba diving while I am there.

         

        Have you decided on a honeymoon spot BSB?



        #124 Jenn963

        Jenn963
        • Jr. Member
        • 200 posts

          Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

          We have our wedding week at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana...and once all of our guests leave after that week, we head over to Ocean Blue and Sand for an extra 4 days.  And yet we still have a long weekend once we get back home after the honeymoon ...so we can give ourselves time to "snap back" to reality (a.k.a. work life) :( lol 

           

          I highly suggest you ladies check Groupon.com.....great deals on all inclusive vacations! ;-) 



          #125 brownsugarbride

          brownsugarbride
          • Member
          • 599 posts

            Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

            Originally Posted by Jenn963 

            We have our wedding week at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana...and once all of our guests leave after that week, we head over to Ocean Blue and Sand for an extra 4 days.  And yet we still have a long weekend once we get back home after the honeymoon ...so we can give ourselves time to "snap back" to reality (a.k.a. work life) :( lol 

             

            I highly suggest you ladies check Groupon.com.....great deals on all inclusive vacations! ;-) 

             

            You are right, Groupon has some excellent deals, both for AIs and non-AIs.  I am thinking of going to a non-AI just so I can try some of the fabulous restaurants, whether I stay in PDC or go to Belize.



            #126 MrsPeele2B

            MrsPeele2B
            • Jr. Member
            • 187 posts

              Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

              BSB you're coming to Belize?!?!?!? :)

              #127 brownsugarbride

              brownsugarbride
              • Member
              • 599 posts

                Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

                BSB you're coming to Belize?!?!?!? :)

                I am still knee-deep in wedding planning, but my top two choices are either Playa Del Carmen or Belize. It really is going to depend on how many vacation days we have and what our other travel plans for the year are.

                #128 bridemoonpalace

                bridemoonpalace
                • Jr. Member
                • 151 posts

                  Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

                  I hear DR is amazing. We are having ours in Cancun Mexico!

                  #129 MrsTobeD

                  MrsTobeD
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 288 posts

                    Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

                    You guys just gave me a great idea, Belize, SO BEAUTIFUL! after the week long at Moon Palace, FH is not too adventurous but I am. I am just wondering if I will be able to take two weeks off work 2 months after the end of my maternity leave. And also, I would be terrified of sending the baby back to the state without us, just with my family.

                     

                     

                    Quote:

                    Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 


                    I am still knee-deep in wedding planning, but my top two choices are either Playa Del Carmen or Belize. It really is going to depend on how many vacation days we have and what our other travel plans for the year are.


                    #130 brownsugarbride

                    brownsugarbride
                    • Member
                    • 599 posts

                      Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 
                       

                       

                      Hmm..that's a tough one! I can only imagine how hard that would be.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users