Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*Casey*

Post Your Honeymoon Spot

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B View Post

 

belize for our honey moon**

 

Have you decided how you're going to get to Belize? I read about one bride who used a transportation service that took her and her hubby to the border, and then they took a water taxi to Belize.  I don't know much about the country, but it sounds wonderful..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

 

 

I am seriously thinking about Le Reve.  It might be a bit challenging, given that people tend to rent the whole hotel out for weddings, but it looks so relaxing and the food is supposed to be fabulous!  (My other option is Belize, but it's not clear that FH wants to do any more traveling during our weddingmoon.)  Here is a great review of Le Reve from a wedding planner who recommends it as a honeymoon spot:

http://runawaybridedestinations.blogspot.com/2012/10/dream-location-in-playa-del-carmen.html

 

Le Reve is booked up already around the time of my wedding! *sigh*  I wonder if I should drop them a line so that they can let me know if any rooms will be freed up (e.g. wedding room block isn't filled up).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

 

 

Have you decided how you're going to get to Belize? I read about one bride who used a transportation service that took her and her hubby to the border, and then they took a water taxi to Belize.  I don't know much about the country, but it sounds wonderful..

I haven't decided. After reading this post last night I was looking into flights from Cancun and I was unable to find flights. I wasn't really looking htat hard though. I was tired. I have a few friends who went to Ambergis cay and they flew into Belize and took a water taxi to the resort. They loved it. I am hoping to do some snorkeling and scuba diving while I am there.

 

Have you decided on a honeymoon spot BSB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have our wedding week at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana...and once all of our guests leave after that week, we head over to Ocean Blue and Sand for an extra 4 days.  And yet we still have a long weekend once we get back home after the honeymoon ...so we can give ourselves time to "snap back" to reality (a.k.a. work life) :( lol 

 

I highly suggest you ladies check Groupon.com.....great deals on all inclusive vacations! ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jenn963 View Post

 

We have our wedding week at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana...and once all of our guests leave after that week, we head over to Ocean Blue and Sand for an extra 4 days.  And yet we still have a long weekend once we get back home after the honeymoon ...so we can give ourselves time to "snap back" to reality (a.k.a. work life) :( lol 

 

I highly suggest you ladies check Groupon.com.....great deals on all inclusive vacations! ;-) 

 

You are right, Groupon has some excellent deals, both for AIs and non-AIs.  I am thinking of going to a non-AI just so I can try some of the fabulous restaurants, whether I stay in PDC or go to Belize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BSB you're coming to Belize?!?!?!? :)
I am still knee-deep in wedding planning, but my top two choices are either Playa Del Carmen or Belize. It really is going to depend on how many vacation days we have and what our other travel plans for the year are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys just gave me a great idea, Belize, SO BEAUTIFUL! after the week long at Moon Palace, FH is not too adventurous but I am. I am just wondering if I will be able to take two weeks off work 2 months after the end of my maternity leave. And also, I would be terrified of sending the baby back to the state without us, just with my family.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post


I am still knee-deep in wedding planning, but my top two choices are either Playa Del Carmen or Belize. It really is going to depend on how many vacation days we have and what our other travel plans for the year are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×