• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 selina

selina
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BillysBride
    That is one gorgeous dress! Good luck with the hunt! I actually thought shopping was fun, so go have a blast and be sure to try on EVERYthing regardless of if you think you'll like it or not.

I'm gonna be in Toronto Nov. 8-10 for a convention..lol. Maybe I'll see you out and about!
    Oooh awesome! Is it a wedding convention? I'm hitting up Windsor Bridal on Orfus Road, apparently they have the biggest selection in Ontario.

I just hope I can squeeze my ass into that dress. LOL!!
    http://i217.photobuc....e/us_small.jpg

Getting hitched in style to my babe
    Azul Sensatori :: Riviera Maya :: Mexico
    October First Two Thousand NineVisit our website @ http://tonyandselina.nearlyweds.com http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

#12 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Ooooh, I love that!!! Maggie Sottero makes such gorgeous dresses, I think I'm in love with her whole website haha. I'm sure this will look great on you, keep us all posted!!

#13 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
      • 459 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

It's very pretty! But I wouldn't be married (ha ha) to just that one dress-- like many of the ladies here, I found that I looked best in something completely different from what I had envisioned. I tried on tons of gowns and I'm super happy with what I eventually chose. Good luck!

#14 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by selina
          I have been going to the gym... and it isn't fun. I do circuit training 3 times a week... and I hate it, but it's working. But I would LOVE to do something fun that I actually ENJOY. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I used to live in Brampton :) I'm in Burlington now. So I wonder if there's a class here.
          There should be! When I move to Kitchener in a couple weeks I'll be taking the classes there...I've already looked into it!! Maybe you could come to Kitchener & do the class with me!! :)

#15 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by IslamoradaBride
            It's very pretty! But I wouldn't be married (ha ha) to just that one dress-- like many of the ladies here, I found that I looked best in something completely different from what I had envisioned. I tried on tons of gowns and I'm super happy with what I eventually chose. Good luck!
            I found the same thing!! I went specifically to try on a Mikaella dress...and it turns out it was way too heavy & didn't look half as good on me as it did on the model!! LOL
            But I am so happy with the one I have! It's perfect (for me!!)

#16 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by IslamoradaBride
              Soooo true! I tried on a bunch of beautiful, flowy chiffon dresses because they're nice and light for a DW, but I found that for me, they kind of make me look pregnant (which I am not) lol. So those were out of course!

I'm really glad I kept looking and that my mother insisted I keep looking because I absolutely adore my dress, even if it is a bit heavy fabric-wise for a DW. At least I'll be the only one suffering haha, pain is beauty I guess

#17 Angel

Angel
              • 2,635 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

It's a really nice dress.
                Good luck with your hunt.

#18 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

WOW it sooooooo pretty i love it!!!!! yay

#19 selina

selina
                  • 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

Thanks Gals :)

I know that I shouldn't be "married" to that one dress, that's probably setting myself up for disappointment. I have eyeballed a few others too, but I am in love with this one. I will try on a good 20-30 dresses though I'm sure... LOL!!

It's like when I go to Winners... I go in with a cart FULL of stuff and I leave the change room with like 2 or 3 things that actually FIT properly.

How far is Kitchener from Burlington?
                    http://i217.photobuc....e/us_small.jpg

Getting hitched in style to my babe
                    Azul Sensatori :: Riviera Maya :: Mexico
                    October First Two Thousand NineVisit our website @ http://tonyandselina.nearlyweds.com http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

#20 twotees1218

twotees1218
                    • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:10 PM

The dress will be fantastic - Maggis is famous for her corset back so there's room "to give" - and you look like the girl in the add -how can it not look great?!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users