Photo

Playacar Palace 2009 & 2010 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#191 shelby825

shelby825
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

This might be a silly question, but were you able to take your hotel wristbands off for your wedding? We are not getting married at PP but our group is staying there. I just had visions of everyone wearing these wristbands in our wedding photos...

#192 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
    • 334 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by shelby825 

This might be a silly question, but were you able to take your hotel wristbands off for your wedding? We are not getting married at PP but our group is staying there. I just had visions of everyone wearing these wristbands in our wedding photos...

When I was there, only the Bride and Groom. and you have to give it to them for you to get a new one.  If you lose it the charge $75.00 per bracelet per day. You can photoshop them out. 

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#193 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
      • 334 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

Tanya Marie and CamilleA,

I still haven't chosen what resort to have my DW at.  So far, I think I've narrowed it to Sandos Playacar and Playacar Palace.  I really do love that PP is more intimate and the fact that you don't have to walk very long to get around on the resort. However, the only real big thing that I am concerned about is Photo Ops.  It doesn't look like there are a lot of places on the resort to take different types of pictures. So, my question is where did you ladies end up taking your pictures (the bride and groom pics)?

I'm at work right now, so I can't open Tanya Marie's pictures, but if you included them in there, please ignore this question (I will check them when I get home) :)

Also, did they have options for live music on the beach?  I was interested in hiring a Mariachi band, but have no idea how much they cost at the Palace Resorts.

And the last question is did you hire outside photographers?  If so, who did you pick?  And did the resort allow it as long as you bought them a day pass? I was thinking of going with Octavio Montes, but I want to keep my options open, just in case.

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#194 Burlia

Burlia
        • 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

This is a wonderful resource for all of us, thank you so much and congratulations!!

#195 danitha

danitha
          • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

I am planning a November 2011 wedding at the Playacar palace but I have a concern about the ferry being so close and it attracting garbage, etc to the beach. Did any of the PP brides who wed there in the past few years have any issues with the dock so close or is it just appear to be that close in pics? Congrats to all you lovely ladies out there and thx for allowing me to post!!!

#196 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
            • 334 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by danitha 

I am planning a November 2011 wedding at the Playacar palace but I have a concern about the ferry being so close and it attracting garbage, etc to the beach. Did any of the PP brides who wed there in the past few years have any issues with the dock so close or is it just appear to be that close in pics? Congrats to all you lovely ladies out there and thx for allowing me to post!!!

It is very close, but Senor Frogs is in between the hotel and the ferry dock.. no trouble at all...The PP is perfect!

#197 kurlyks

kurlyks
              • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:37 AM

I have a question for the brides who got their hair done at the spa at PP. I can't seem to find prices anywhere for hair- how much on average did you all spend to get your hair done? Also, how far in advance did you  book your appointments?

May 7th, 2011 ~ Playacar Palace Resort

#198 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
                • 446 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

I was wondering the same thing!

Attached Files

#199 Burlia

Burlia
                  • 31 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

My fiancĀ© has similar concerns and has been trying to get me to change my mind on the location after he saw how close the ferry is. I have done a lot of research and found that everyone loves this place. If there is any truth to this concern I hope someone posts now so I don't get the " I told you so". Also, does anyone know if high tide makes the beach completely disappear? I saw some pictures that made me concerned.

#200 gompers99

gompers99
                    • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry it's taken so long to post, but I was married at PP in November and had the most amazing experience.  To sum it up...we had 60 guests.  We did a welcome cocktail/hor d'ouerves get together on Friday night in the South Solarium, ceremony on the beach, reception in the North Solarium, and brunch on Sunday in the asian restaurant.  The service, food and resort overall was outstanding.  Our guests are still talking about it and had a blast.  Dulce was our wedding coordinator and she is the best!  I wasn't really particular about things like the cake, flowers, small details.  But she is!  She took my vague vision and turned it into the most incredible wedding I could've imagined.  I will try and post some pics if I can figure out how to do it on this website.  If anyone has specific questions about PP, please don't hesitate to ask.  I would do it all over again in a heartbeat...PP is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone.  For anyone having doubts or concerns, don't worry, it really will be amazing!

Samantha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users