Sign in to follow this  
emaya77

Playacar Palace 2009 & 2010 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_par_t View Post
Thank you so much Steph!! We really appreciate being able to use some pics.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is an age minimum for this resort? I am confused b/c I looked at so many other resorts and many had a minimum age requirement (usually around 12yrs old) to be allowed to stay there, and I can't remember if I saw something about Playacar (I now can't find anything on the website that talks about ages or children so I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is such a restriction on Playacar?)
Do you mean in a room with adults? If so no there is not a min age. I have a 2 year old and my Future sister in law has a 2 year old and 2 months old twins. If you mean in a room alone, I think that they need to be 18!

Hey ladies:

Did anyone find another thread for 2011 Playacar brides or are we mainly on this one? I just want to make sure I'm not missing any info before making my final decision and booking w/ the resort!! :P THANKS PS: I'm adding some pictures of my site inspection in May in case anyone needs them.. hope they help... oh, and resort is stunning! the pictures are good but Playcar is much better in person!! I think you click on the image to enlarge....<br><br>a>

I can not decide on a photographer... so many choices. I was thinking of flying someone down from Denver because it is so much cheaper but I have not decided.

I have setup the rooms for the group rates and I am just setting everthing up with the planner. The only problem I have had so far is that they will not really tell me how much a DJ is for the reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph71 View Post
Hi AandD....
I'm just starting to think about Photographers.....
We met with a guy names Sasha Gluck when we visited Playa in January and liked him alot. You can google him and I think he has ads on this forum. I'll let ya know when I finalize the photographer!

Have you already booked your group rooms? How fun - we'll probably get to meet in person!
I can not decide on a photographer... so many choices. I was thinking of flying someone down from Denver because it is so much cheaper but I have not decided.

I have setup the rooms for the group rates and I am just setting everything else up with the planner. The only problem I have had so far is that they will not really tell me how much a DJ is for the reception or my other options. Can I ask you what you are doing for music?

Thanks

We used a Palace Resorts photographer (David Pena) when my daughter was married at Aventura Spa Palace, last month. He was fabulous! He is available at all Palace Resorts if you ask your WC for him. Here are some of her photos I put on Shutterfly:

Shutterfly | View share

They are even more beautiful seen larger!

There are more terrible reviews on trip advisor. I know everyones opinion is different but they are bumped down to #25. Just scares me with so much money invested into the trip.

AandD - Samuel Luna is an amazing photographer - we have him booked for our 11/23/10 wedding - check him out, his work is amazing and he is really sweet and nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamilleA View Post
AandD - Samuel Luna is an amazing photographer - we have him booked for our 11/23/10 wedding - check him out, his work is amazing and he is really sweet and nice
I will check him out, thank you for the suggestion.

Quick question I have been working with Gilberto at Playacar but now his e-mail was just returned. Has anyone else had this problem?

HELP!!!!

Where is everyone hosting their reception? I feel as though there are VERY limited options- especially indoor options!

We are getting married at a chapel/church in town...but, will have around 35-50 people to host our reception with. I like their outdoor options, but I was told that our reception would have to end by 10:00 PM...making me consider having an indoor reception...and the only choice I see is having it in the ballroom....which is "okay", but not ideal.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)