Playacar Palace 2009 & 2010 Brides - POST HERE!

My TA also had it included so try that - if not I used this transportation company on the day of the wedding - they are by far the cheapest - His name is Ismael his email is reservations@saucevacations.com

Originally Posted by RaychelRae View Post

Does Playacar Palace have a free shuttle from the airport in Cancun to the hotel, or do you have to set something up for your group?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danitha,

We chose the Emerald Package, but made a few changes.  You can basically customize anything you want, so if you don't like the packages, you can speak with them about substituting things.  Otherwise, you can go with the free package and add to it a la carte.  The ferry was no issue.  If anything, we loved being so close to all the action.  It was great because if you have guests that don't like to leave the resort, they will be happy.  But if you have guests who like to get out and see the town, you're literally a 5 minute walk to Playa Del Carmen.  There was no trash and the beach is amazing.  Tell your fiance he has nothing to worry about.  We used desinationweddings.com for our travel agent.  To be honest, I probably would do it myself next time.  Most of my guests had trouble communicating with her and it caused me more stress than doing it myself.  I'm pretty sure the resort makes it easy to book groups, so I'd look into that first.  The only thing my TA was able to get that we couldn't through the hotel was free transportation.  The resort offered us $10 per person for roundtrip transportation.  Hope that help...good luck!

Samantha

How far in advance did you all speak with the wedding coordinator down there to nail down details about everything? My wedding is May 7th and I have yet to be contacted by the wedding planner. I figured until I knew for sure how many people were coming it was almost pointless to make too many decisions anyway. I don't want to set up a huge private function if I only have 15 guests....I've heard it's pretty standard to have little to no contact until at least 90 days out.

Just wondering what everyone's experience was on here....thanks!

Lauren (the Wedding Sales Coordinator) said that they will be in contact 3 months before the wedding date. This is what it states in the contract, but not sure if this is actually what they end up doing. I hope to hear from them a little sooner though to plan out what I can purchase through the Coordinator, so I can decide on what I would prefer to bring as decor and/or favors AND have enough time to get everything shipped and make sure the order is correct, etc..

Congrats on your wedding. I am planning a nov. 11, 2011 wedding there and I am concerned about how crowded the resort might be during this time. Your wedding was this november, did u find that the resort was filled? was there more than one wedding happening?

thx-Danitha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows about the photography policy at the playa car palace.  We already have our photographers booked as guests at the hotel, so being that they're just "paying guests" who will be "taking some pictures" while they're there I'm hoping this will be allowed. :)

Has anyone else gone this route?  If so, could you please shed some light on this issue; how the palace handled it, if it was frowned upon etc...

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by kurlyks View Post

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it. I've been a total slacker and haven't done anything wedding related since August. I feel like there are a million things I should be doing and it's gonna catch up to me really fast. Please post lots of pictures!

Hi,

im getting married on the 12th, im sure we'll run into each other.  what are your colours?  maybe we can share some decorations?

jessicasnadeau@gmail.com

so excited!!!