Playacar Palace 2009 & 2010 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_par_t View Post
Kurlyks: I understand your concerns about onlookers; I totally don't want to feel like a public spectacle! And the large number of weddings being performed on our weekend does raise a few issues as well...I feel as though we're all looking for our "special day" but it's not so special when you're being pumped through the ceremonial chain hour after hour....hmm...
yeah....I'm a little worried that it's gonna be like "Bring out bride #7!!" but oh well, I'm sure it won't be that bad.

My TA got back from there last week and he said it was awesome. He said the location was basically perfect, so that made me really happy. I know we're all going to want to spend some time in the town so being able to walk right there is perfect for us.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi AandD....

I'm just starting to think about Photographers.....

We met with a guy names Sasha Gluck when we visited Playa in January and liked him alot. You can google him and I think he has ads on this forum. I'll let ya know when I finalize the photographer!

Have you already booked your group rooms? How fun - we'll probably get to meet in person!

Thank you SOOO much for posting this thread... we went for a site visit at the Playacar Palace about a month ago but we are debating on finalizing the plans bc we found sooooo many other options on here.... Did anyone have a wedding there? If so did you love it or do you wish it had been elsewhere?? THANKS huh.gifhuh.gif

Steph71: You took some beautiful photos of Playacar (from the link you posted to your online album)!! We're setting up our wedding website, and I'm wondering if you would be alright with us using 1 or 2 photos from your collection? (The photos on the actual Palace website are encrypted so they can't be copied, and we wont be going there until our actual wedding so we wont be able to take photos on our own)

Your help would be greatly appreciated, but if you'd rather keep your photos private, that is totaly understandable! :)

Hi everyone. I'm getting married at PP on Nov 6, 2010. I haven't been there yet, just going on reviews and pics. I'm so glad to have found this post! Thank you everyone for so much great information. For those of you who have done a site visit, did they go over all the options for your ceremony and reception? Were they able to show pics of real weddings? We're thinking of going down for a site visit to take care of all the details and check out the resort....is it worth the trip? We booked the beach for the ceremony and North Solarium for the reception and expect about 70 guests. I'm a little overwhelmed when looking at the brochure of all the decoration and food options. Do you have any suggestions on how to make decisions from home? Thanks again for any info!

Samantha

Don't feel overwhelmed I felt that way too but once we went down there and looked at the resort we felt much better! It is just as gorgeous in person. The only thing I didn't like was that some rooms have a view of a side parking lot and it is under construction. I can send you pictures that I took if you think that would help :) Oh, and the terrace is decent for 40 people (i know you have 70 but in case someone else reads this) but the "champagne room" adjacent to the terrace is REALLY small and stuffy.... Hope this helps..let me know if you have any other questions... I spoke to the coordinator there and asked about 200 questions that I had previously typed out.. (yes I was that annoying but i figured I had to be for a destination wedding) GOOD LUCK :)

Thank you so much Steph!! We really appreciate being able to use some pics.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is an age minimum for this resort? I am confused b/c I looked at so many other resorts and many had a minimum age requirement (usually around 12yrs old) to be allowed to stay there, and I can't remember if I saw something about Playacar (I now can't find anything on the website that talks about ages or children so I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is such a restriction on Playacar?)