Pitahayas menu

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tammy,

My name is Jessica. We've looked at so many places from PDC, RM, Cancun and now Los Cabos. We think we are getting married at the Sheraton. I love it even though I have not seen it. And even though we find it expensive since we are helping pay for my family's stay so it is expensive for us.

We are doing a room block of 10 rooms and 6 of the rooms will be for my family. Juan Carlos Tapia is our photographer and we might get Lovely Wedding as our day-of coordinator.

I have read your posts and thank you very much for your offer to help. I'd like to ask you where at the Sheraton you are getting married? Juan suggested the beach near the rocks near Pitahayas. Do you know where that is? Lucy Castro said that the palapa is already booked and the palapa area is near Pitahayas so she suggested we will be on De Cortez beach but I want to follow Juan's suggestion of the beach near Pitahayas. Is the palapa area really near the beach that Juan talks about?

Our reception is on the beach of De Cortez. Are you going to have the reception on the terrace of De Cortez?

Take care!

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

I'm actually getting married in front of DeCortez and our wedding dinner will be at DeCortez. I've done a site visit of the Sheraton and you will love it, Juan is also my photographer. The Palapa, is a nice location kind of like a garden view by the pool side. How many people are you expecting? The Pitahayas is a great location for the ceremony, but if the beach location is already booked then why don't you just get married in front of DeCortez and have pictures taken by the rocks in front of Pitahayas? You are going to love the Sheraton, when is your wedding? I'm getting married in two months so you'll be able to see our wedding pictures.

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the response. That is a great suggestion! If Lucy Castro will not agree for us to have the wedding near the rocks on the beach of Pitahayas and we will do it in front of De Cortez and have pictures near Pitahayas.

Our wedding party is up to 32 adults and 15 children. Our concern is cost. WE have to pay a location fee or reserve 10 rooms and I heard food at the Sheraton is so high so I am concerned about costs for food for our guests.

You are not going to have the reception in the terrace of De Cortez but on the beach right? How is the privacy there? Is it private enough?

Also is it at De Cortez where one member described that they light the beach at night? Thanks much! I am so excited to see your pictures. Thank you very much for all your help.

Take care,

Jessica

Actually, were having our dinner on the Terrace of De Cortez and with the lights shining on the beach it is awesome. The beach in front of De Cortez is actually very private, when I was there in November I had dinner at De Cortez (and Pitahayas) and I think I only seen one person walking in front. The waves looked like they were going to roll right up against De Cortez. It was so beautiful and very romantic.

The quote we got for our location fee in front of De Cortez was $300.00 and in front of Pitahayas was $600.00, that is without a room block. We are only staying at the Sheraton on our wedding night, the rest of our trip we will be at Villa Del Palmar, which is about a 10 minute drive from the Sheraton. Food wise, I love a good steak, and Pitahayas was better then De Cortez, but over all I enjoyed De Cortez total meal better. Plus Pitahayas is really busy, they were packed the night I was there for dinner.

Let me see if I can bump a thread for you with pictures of De Cortez that I took...

Hi Tammy,

Why are they charging us $2000 for the use of the De Cortez beach and some $300. We are getting married on the weekend-- Saturday and that may be the reason why.

Are you having music for your reception? How many people are in your party?

Thanks!

Jessica

Ahh, that's why.. I'm getting married on a Tuesday (our anniversary) and I heard their weekend rate is MUCH more. Have you thought about changing the date to a Monday or something during the week? The way I look at it, people are traveling to your wedding so having it on a weekend isn't really required since they have to take the time off work anyway.

As of right now we are expecting 10 people, but with out two months left until our wedding only 2 yes TWO people have actually booked their travel plans. So I'm giving them until April 12th and after that I'm telling them they can no longer attend our wedding. I have to get so much done that depends on the guest count that I refuse to wait until the last minute to handle.

Nope, not doing music, with such a small wedding I figure their is no need. SO we are leaving it open to all going to a club after dinner if were up to it.

Hi Jessalyn and Tammy,

Our wedding is on November 17, 2007. I am actually considering moving it to November 16 to avoid blocking rooms and high location fees. I see you are both June brides. That is wonderful!

I have never even seen the Sheraton. Juan highly recommends it so I figure I just have to trust a photographer's eye right? He also recommends the ceremony to be at the beach near Pitahayas which is the Tortugas beach? But Lucy Castro said someone is getting married at the Palapa and this is near Tortugas so we will only be allowed to marry there if our ceremony times are different.

Jessalyn -- how long are you staying at the Sheraton? I have heard that food prices are really high. Is this true?

Thanks to you both for your help.

Jessica