Photo

Ugly centerpiece trial *updated 10/29/08*

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

I just have to say- I'm impressed that you are doing your centerpieces and bringing everything down so I just give you "props" for that.

I'm really bad at that sort of stuff but I do think sunbride was on to something with the large plate/sq.fabric idea...

#12 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

ok, what about this...
      Click the image to open in full size.

Keep the tall vases, put a purple candle in them, leave the purple votives around them, use a bunch of petals, and lay the feathers on the table?

#13 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by yamille
        I just have to say- I'm impressed that you are doing your centerpieces and bringing everything down so I just give you "props" for that.

I'm really bad at that sort of stuff but I do think sunbride was on to something with the large plate/sq.fabric idea...
        well thank you :o) i am actually having a local wedding though...i wont be traveling anywhere until my honeymoon.

i normally like being creative and doing stuff like this but for some reason i just cant get it together with these cp's. i feel like i am spending way too much time stressing over them.

SOO i am thinking that i might use the hall's cp that they provide. they are about 6-7 inches high, frosted oil lamps. thats it. HOWEVERRR im thinking that with the room decorated, the table linens done up, maybe it wont look so bad and plain like i imagine. kwim? it will work out either way.

#14 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

this has nothing to do with centerpieces, but while cruising around on etsy, i found this- Etsy :: redrubyrose :: Gold silk peacock feathers - luxury clutch bag
          goes with your theme!

#15 cancunbride

cancunbride
          • 531 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:25 PM

I would say go with a longer more leaner vace...sit it maybe on some mirror or something and then leave the candles maybe some rose petals and a thin manzanilla branch

#16 Genevieve

Genevieve
            • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:23 AM

Trying using a couple more of those flowers, and then maybe just use a ribbon that matches that rest of you wedding colors to wrap around the vase.

#17 Genevieve

Genevieve
              • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:40 AM

You could try taking a thick ribbon, the color of your wedding accent, and wrapping it around the vase. Then you can take a thinner piece of ribbon and wrap that around the stems of your flowers, try adding a few more flowers too.

#18 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

Jac - if you love the votives, I would shorten things - otherwise you have a low thing and a very tall thing.

I love the feathers - what about some tight white roses or something with the feathers sticking up a few inches and all around them? Not sure that would work with the vases you have, but it might

That being said,
                I really love tall centerpieces - it lets people talk under them.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#19 Erica053009

Erica053009
                • 513 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                  yes i did see branch like things at the craft store. icute idea, ty!

it just sux b/c i have 20 of those clear vases. im so pissed. i returned the floyalytes, but i am keeping the purple votive holders b/c even if i dont use them in my cp, i will place them throughout the hall to some what illuminate the room in purple like i keep picturing.
                  That does suck you can always put a candle in the vases or a floating candle for extra light. I know stretching it :) I do love the purple votives they cast a pretty light

#20 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

Jac - you're so implusive! I can't beleive you returned the floralytes already! I think frosting the vases could've given the more subtle lighting like you wanted. but you got some great suggestions. If you added kind of a placemat, that cuold pull the look together. They could be really easy to make, have Ter do it! Or I could if you found the fabric. We could do that together.

Hmmm, I was goign to say more and am blanking...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users