Ugly centerpiece trial *updated 10/29/08*

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

Sooo yeah- I did a trial CP and I hate it. It looks cheap and ugly and I'm going to think of a diff plan. Tue I have an apt with the florist so hopefully they can help spice it up. I wasn't going to do a lot of flowers in my CP, but now I think I need more flowers and SOMETHING else cuz this is gay.. Here are my ugly pictures. I hate how the floyalytes in center vase are a bright white and the candles are more of a natural light, which I like better. Oh well

Click the image to open in full size.

Can you all say CHEESEY!?

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

Gosh, it smells like it's too tall.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

I dont like the floral lights. Maybe not as many floral lights and you could just put crystals mixed in with the floral lights. I think a taller vase might work better. I really like the feathers though. Oh and my centerpieces are UGLY. I hate them. I'm not sure what i'm going to do.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

How about painting the vase with a clear frosting type thing so that the lighting is more subdued.

also, how about something to bring together the vase and votives, like either a large plate of some sort, or even just a square of material (if you already have table runners or overlays, this would be like a smaller square of another color placed in the middle).

#5 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
            I dont like the floral lights. Maybe not as many floral lights and you could just put crystals mixed in with the floral lights. I think a taller vase might work better. I really like the feathers though. Oh and my centerpieces are UGLY. I hate them. I'm not sure what i'm going to do.

You should post yours and maybe some people will have some great suggestions on how to spice them up.

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

thx everyone!

Sunbride -I like the frosting idea, how do I do that? I guess a craft store would have something, like a spray?

Yari- yes they are tall, I should shorten it all, the stem of the flowers and the feathers. once i go to florists i will keep that in mind when looking how things look..

Danielle- i returned those stupid floyalytes! lol oh well

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

I think you should go up with the whole thing. Try a tower vase, something like this:

Could you try the floralytes in a different color, like purple? I like the idea of a runner to tie the two together or scatter some feathers or petals.

#8 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

er thats a good idea. the pix with the ostrich feathers is where i got my inspiration. lol no one would know that though.

#9 Erica053009

Erica053009
                  • 513 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

I love the frosting idea but you should def get a taller thinner vase. I LOVE the feathers and maybe add some branches instead of the single flower ok the below branches are ugly but you get the idea

#10 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

yes i did see branch like things at the craft store. icute idea, ty!

it just sux b/c i have 20 of those clear vases. im so pissed. i returned the floyalytes, but i am keeping the purple votive holders b/c even if i dont use them in my cp, i will place them throughout the hall to some what illuminate the room in purple like i keep picturing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users