• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 Fozzy

Fozzy
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by christenew
    Ok so my fiancee went to the post office and I almost fell off my chair when he called me. He got a quote of $73.60 to send it which arrives in 4 business days or $17.85 to take 2 weeks. I said well then I guess it will take 2 weeks cause the other is highway robery.

Fozzy - Did you fax yours? I haven't seen any brides on here that have done that. From what I have read Chandlyn says the original needs to be mailed.
    No, we're going to email them to Chandlyn in December. We didn't want to send them too early in case they got misplaced.
    You only need to send a copy and then provide the originals when you get down there. If we sent the originals, we'd have a hard time getting to Jamaica or driving!! lol

#32 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

Christine - I sent mine on Oct via registered mail (cost 16 something)and it has already arrive in Jamaica.
      Send it the slower way. I would of waited till mid Nov if I knew it was gonna get there that fast.
      Now on to my fitting :) ..which is tues.

#33 Jamaica2009

Jamaica2009
      • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

Hey girls, I had my lawyer make copies of our birth certificate (wallet size), passport and divorce certificate, and he typed up a letter for each, and notarized each letter. I emailed all 12 documents to Chandlyn the other day, and this was her response:

Thanks for the document. These are ok for now.

Regards

Chandlyn

I will be bringing the documents with me to give to her when we arrive. Did someone say that you have to give them your originals to keep?? That doesn't seem right.....

#34 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jamaica2009
          I will be bringing the documents with me to give to her when we arrive. Did someone say that you have to give them your originals to keep?? That doesn't seem right.....
          Yeah...they apparently keep the original BC (not everything else obviously!).
          But that was second hand info from the Dominican consulate. If you would like to know for sure then you should check with your WC.

This whole document crap is driving me crazy!!!

#35 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
          • 170 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:58 AM

hi ladies
            just a quick question:
            does Chandlyn contact you to let you know when you need to send your documents or are you just supposed to know?
            Thanks

#36 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

You just take a guess when you think they need to go. They need to be there a month prior to the wedding. If I were you, I would send them early to mid Feb just to be sure.

#37 amagee

amagee
              • 129 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:01 PM

I am so frustrated!! I am getting married January 16th and I have not sent my documents yet! I keep calling different lawyers but they keep telling me they are too busy to notarize documents...most are quoting me $75 per piece they have to notarize!! I need to get my documents sent out by next week!!

#38 chicklet

chicklet
                • 718 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

Wow..that is quite steep. Its probably due to "tis the season". Maybe try the bank..I thought I read somewhere that they do them??
                  Hopefully all works out for you. I have seen that you can scan them and send them to Chandlyn that way.

#39 amagee

amagee
                  • 129 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

I have tried the bank but they said they cannot notarize documents, I think that may be something the banks can do in the U.S.? Thanks though, I think I may have a lawyer now willing to help us.

#40 Jamaica2009

Jamaica2009
                    • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

Our lawyer charged us $100 + tax. That was for a total of 6 documents. This was in Manitoba. Apparently is is much cheaper in other provinces. I think $75 per document is a scam!!!! I hope it all works out for you. (Hey, we have the same wedding day!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users