Beachbride08's Planning Thread!!!

I first want to say how grateful I am that I found this site. Although, I found it early on in our planning process, I must say I wish I would have found it a little sooner. I went back and forth about changing our wedding location and resort after finding so many new places on here, especially since I was the only Iberostar bride for awhile! I have enjoyed looking at everyone’s planning and wedding review threads to get ideas on DIY projects. If it weren’t for you creative ladies I would have spent a lot more money and would not have had as many of the little touches that I will now have. It is also so great to have a group of people that understand the ups and downs of planning a destination wedding. Although, planning weddings in general is a stressful process there are different obstacles that destination brides face. Thank you for letting me vent, and for sharing your own stories. I would especially like to thank all the ladies in the November Brides thread as you have been my go to group these past 6 months. You know who are, and you guys are AWESOME!!! I can’t believe it is finally my time to post my planning thread.

My engagement ring (center) and two wedding bands (ignore my chipped polish!):

Click the image to open in full size.

FI’s wedding band:

The dress (after first fitting):

Flip-flops for ceremony and reception:

Wedding Jewelry:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIâ€s Suit (Kohlâ€s) He will wear a white, collared, button down shirt underneath.

FIâ€s tie, both dads will also wear one (Ann Taylor Celebrations Line)

FIâ€s flip flops

BM dresses – Ann Taylor Celebrations Line (MOH will wear green, BM will wear the pink and both will wear ivory shimmer Old Navy flip-flops)

FG dress (Made from an extra green BM dress)

No pic yet.

FG flip flops

BM & FG jewelry (custom made Swarovski crystal, if anyone is interested my cousin makes the jewelry)

My bouquet starfish (Simply Flowers - Products - Bouquet Jewels)

DIY message in a bottle STDs (got the idea before BDW, but found vendors to purchase the items to make them myself on here thank you to whoever initially posted the info as they turned out better than the sample one I would have ordered and spent a lot more money on!)

Logo on STD scroll (Aylee Designs)

Our logo that has been used on everything except our STDs since it matched our color theme better. (I think this one was from Creative Montage)

Invitations (DIY, but all paper materials and ribbon purchased from PaperSource, palm tree stamp, ink and embossing powder from Michaelâ€s)

Personalized Stamps (stamps.com)

OOT bags (Target)

OOT bag filler items (will get water, snacks, postcards and some other items in Mexico)

Also have Suduku books, pen, post-it notes, OFF wipes, first aid kit, anti-bacterial hand gel, cards, chapstick (no pics because I already stuffed it in the bags and they are now packed).

These items will go in the bags with kids:

Bubble wands and program baskets for ceremony:

Palm Fans

Programs (DIY, but all paper and ribbon from PaperSource)

Still working on them, but the sample one is in the basket picture above.

FG bucket, will fill with pink rose petals (Target $1 section, ribbon from PaperSource, Starfish from Michaelâ€s)

Sand Ceremony Kit (Kensington Classics: Heart Shaped Unity Sand Ceremony Set) Shells (Pottery Barn) to be poured in by guests on the bottom before ceremony.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Cake Topper (Etsy – LynnCreation)

Ceremony Location (pyramid)

My bouquet inspiration– pink roses with green ribbon tied around stems

BM bouquets inspiration – White roses with green ribbon tied around stems

Centerpieces (Blumebox vases will be filled with white roses, each BM will have a taller blumebox for their bouquet and I will have a green one)

Candles for tables, I also have green tealight holder but I donâ€t have a pic of them.

Dinner Menu and Table Number (White table tents from PaperSource, covered with cardstock, menu is on one side and table number on the other)

RB outfit (the other RB's outfit will be similar and Best Man will wear khaki pants and white shirt also)

Ring Shells for each RB

Polaroid Guestbook (Adesso)

Hair inspirations (trial appt. with my stylist on Saturday so she can help me decide hich will work best)

I think that is it!