Jump to content

Photo

Post your bouquet and inspiration pics here


  • Please log in to reply
1151 replies to this topic

#741 Jwed12

Jwed12
  • Jr. Member
  • 251 posts

    Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:52 AM

    What about those vases? They are really unique looking.

     

    PS- For any educators our there, you get 15% off at JoAnn's every day. :)



    #742 Aruba Bride

    Aruba Bride
    • Jr. Member
    • 170 posts

      Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

      very pretty and unique!!

       

      Originally Posted by jszy10 

      I bought all of my flowers from JoAnn's craft store.  I actually just happened to be there at the end of the season and found them all 75% off!!  That $20 actually got me enough lilies to make my AHR centerpieces too :o)

       

      tallcenterpiece.jpg
       

       

      We found the other flowers from my centerpiece at Michael's.

       



       



       



      #743 jszy10

      jszy10
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,192 posts

        Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

        The vases are from Michaels.  I think they were around 9.99 regular, and my mom just went in every once in awhile and picked one up at a time with the coupons.

         

        Educators now get 15% off at Michael's too!!  AC Moore is really getting to me with their discount...everything seems to be on "sale" even when it isn't marked, and they won't let you use your teacher discount on anything that is on sale. grrrrr lol
         

        Originally Posted by Jwed12 

        What about those vases? They are really unique looking.

         

        PS- For any educators our there, you get 15% off at JoAnn's every day. :)



         



        #744 cbandemer

        cbandemer
        • Jr. Member
        • 213 posts

          Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

          Those vases are really nice and not a bad price. How did you get them down to the resort and how many did you have??

           

          Originally Posted by jszy10 

          The vases are from Michaels.  I think they were around 9.99 regular, and my mom just went in every once in awhile and picked one up at a time with the coupons.

           

          Educators now get 15% off at Michael's too!!  AC Moore is really getting to me with their discount...everything seems to be on "sale" even when it isn't marked, and they won't let you use your teacher discount on anything that is on sale. grrrrr lol
           



           



           



          #745 jszy10

          jszy10
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,192 posts

            Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

            Oh sorry, they were for our AHR, so no travel required :oP
             

            Originally Posted by cbandemer 

            Those vases are really nice and not a bad price. How did you get them down to the resort and how many did you have??

             



            #746 susan1672

            susan1672
            • Vendor
            • 231 posts

              Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:41 PM


              #747 cbandemer

              cbandemer
              • Jr. Member
              • 213 posts

                Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

                That stinks, your centerpieces are just exactly what I want but I don't want to get them if it's going to be soo hard to transport them.

                Oh sorry, they were for our AHR, so no travel required :oP
                 



                 



                #748 sxcT

                sxcT
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,282 posts

                  Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:37 AM

                  Bubble wrap is a traveling brides best friend!!  LOL

                   

                  I plan on wraping all the glass stuff in bubble wrap and spreading them out between carry-ons and checked baggage.  If you only need a couple I think you could manage.  Just pack very very well!!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by cbandemer 

                  That stinks, your centerpieces are just exactly what I want but I don't want to get them if it's going to be soo hard to transport them.  
                   



                   



                   



                  #749 Jwed12

                  Jwed12
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 251 posts

                    Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

                    Agreed. I'm traveling with mine. I'm also going to stuff the insides of the vases with clothes to give them extra padding and to save space. :)



                    #750 torilynnsmith

                    torilynnsmith
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,748 posts

                      Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

                      Stuffing the inside is a really smart thing, it helps absorb any bumps they may experience in transport.  I would suggest carrying them on if you can, we are still unsure what we will do!
                       

                      Originally Posted by Jwed12 

                      Agreed. I'm traveling with mine. I'm also going to stuff the insides of the vases with clothes to give them extra padding and to save space. :)



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users