Jump to content

Any women's health professionals?


Recommended Posts

I'm having a few "female" issues...and though I'm concerned...I don't think they warrant a trip to the Emergency Room where I will end up waiting for hours on end; time I just don't think I have right now...especially if it is not necessary.


I can get in to see my doctor...December 17th...and thought I would check the only other place I would trust...here! Someone who I might be able to ask a few questions...



Link to comment
Share on other sites

OKay...well...I'm heading home from work right now, and I'm probably just being ridiculous...but...I'll follow up this post tonight with what is actually going on health wise, and see if one of you ladies out there, hasn't experienced this too.


Thanks Erin.


I'll be back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay...sorry it took me so long to respond...


Anyways...the issues are these. For some, they may be too graphic, so please ... skip this post!


I was diagnosed about 8 years ago with Endometriosis. Over the last 8 years, I have become tolerant of abdominal pain...virtually constant, abdominal pain. Since my diagnosis, I have had a few episodes of cysts, some that have ruptured and shed, and some that were there, but just went away on their own. I also have chronic lower back aches, which I've been told can be related to the Endo. The only treatment that is suitable for me at this time, is the birth control pill (currently Tricyclen 28 ).


Basically, every "issue" that I've ever experienced involving discomfort, infection (uterine/bladder), blah blah blah, has been addressed and treated as side effects of the Endo. I've never really had any kind of extensive pelvic exam since the diagnosis...just prescriptions, urine tests, the usual annual checkup (pap)...and thats it.


My recent issues began Monday. This has happened once before. FI and I had intercourse Sunday...Monday morning, I woke up spotting (clotting, brownish) with incredible cramping. Now, after 8 years of what feel like menstral cramps daily, I know INCREDIBLE! If I thought there were a chance (but this had happened once before under similar circumstances), I would have guessed I was having a miscarriage. I took some advil extra strength, drank some tea, got ready for work...and went the whole day really uncomfortable. Yesterday was more of the same, only the spotting was lighter - cramping the same. Today...both have virtually alleviated, but they are still there a little bit. My period is supposed to begin on Tuesday of the coming week.


The only reason I am REALLY even concerned about this, this time, is because...FI and I have been talking much more seriously about starting a family next year after the wedding. Since being diagnosed with Endo, I've always had this fear I would have trouble conceiving...and because babies are on the forefront of my mind, besides the wedding, I decided to look up possible causes for cramping/spotting after intercourse.


The symptoms most closely relate to a condition called PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease). It is THE leading cause of infertility in women...

Of course, I'm a neurotic Type A and ... although women with Endo (according to one of the articles I read) can develop PID, its most common cause is the STD Gonorrhea (sp?) Good god...I am SURE this can't be the case...but alas...here I am concerned about it...


Now, I know I'm probably just working myself up about this, but...is it possible that I could have gone undiagnosed ALL these years (FI and I have been together 6+ years)? Could all the problems I've had from the Endo have been something else my doctors have missed? I have had annual checkups each year since being diagnosed, and always have the pap done, all have come back good but I have no idea if they check for other reproductive health on those paps...and...WHAT IFhuh.gif


I've tried to do more research...but these symptoms could be anything, including just a more severe effect of Endo, and I know I'll probably just be told to get myself to the doctor as soon as possible...but...right now...that is not until November 19th...and...I'm trying to distract myself...have someone tell me...oh no, that happened to me and it was nothing...


Anything ladies. Thank you for allowing yourselves to share your experiences with me and for listening. I'm sorry for how I'm sure I must sound...like a headcase! I'm just nervous, and completely irrational when I get my mind twisted around something...



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Shannon,

I am Heather, I'm a Physician assistant, though I don't work in Gyn I have worked in family practice. My sister, Shannon coincedentally has also had a lot of gyn issues.


First and foremost you didn't mention a pregnancy test and that would be the first thing easiest to check, if + you obviously need to get to your gyn as soon as possible. Second, I would definitely get tested at your doctor's for chlamydia(which causes no symptoms therefore often undiagnosed) and gonorhea, both can be tested via a urine sample nowadays. If you have never had an Ultrasound of your pelvis I would request that be done also. If it has then maybe you need a cat scan of your abd and pelvis given your new symptoms and increased pain. Keep in mind that endometriosis is a diagnosis of exclusion, i.e. rule out all other problems first. Also endometriosis can only truly be diagnosed via a laporotomy(surgery) where they can visualize the abdomen and look for the endometrial tissue. there is no specific "test" to diagnose endo. Is there any family history of Gyn problems, if so make sure you inform your doctor. Also with all your symptoms it sounds like you need to try another BCP as this one doesn't seem to be helping. Also one more thing, I have studied that women with endo. often do get pregnant and during pregnancy their symptoms usually subside. Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well...I cannot really comment since I am not a health physician/asst and I do not have endometriosis. But I know that I was having some spotting (but not so much cramping) halfway between my periods. I went to my doc & after an ultrasound (internal too) showed that nothing was wrong she changed my BCP (from Tricyclen 28 to Tricylen Lo). Maybe you just need a pill change because you are getting too much estrogen. And maybe the cramping you are getting is a result of the endometriosis. But if I were you I would get it checked by a doctor. Even if others have had the same problems you have to remember that everyone is different. I have Crohn's disease so I know all about being "sick" and trying to figure things out!

I hope everything is ok! Keep us posted!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hum, I don't know anything about any of the issues you've mentioned, but seeing as I am Canadian and know healthcare is free, have you tried seeing several doctors to see what they said about the endo? Have you always just seen the same doctor who has diagnosed you with this? I ask because often you hear about somebody having some problem that was always misdiagnosed until finally like the 12th doctor they saw was able to figure it out. So if you've only ever seen one or two or three different doctors maybe you should keep trying to see a few more different ones to see if they think the diagnosis is the same. Maybe ask your doctor(s) for a list of other possibilities and find out if there is any way to rule those out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Shay,


I definitely do not claim to be any medical expert, but I will be officially called doctor in T-6 months (I'm a student right now and had a strong interest in OB/GYN). I completely agree with what Nitnylyin suggested. The only one small clarification I would make is the diagnosis is usually clinical, but may be confirmed with a laparoscopy (I only make the distinction because a laparotomy is a big surgery where they cut you open, whereas the laparoscopy involves very small incisions and they look with cameras - in case you googled it and freaked).


Anyways, because you are from Canada, the best place to start is with your own GP, then she can refer you on to a gyne specialist. In terms of the pap test - it only tests to see if you have any signs of cervical cancer. It does not test for any infections.


In terms of your fertility options, this is something good to talk about with your doctor because she can ask you about your family history, your sexual history, etc. Depending on your age, keep in mind in may take up to a year "trying to conceive" (i.e. repeated, consistent, timed intercourse) before they will even start to work you up for infertility.


Another good thing to do before you see your doctor (or before you see the gynecologist) is to keep a diary of when you menstruate, and when your pain is (also what you did/ate that day, etc). It may help to identify patterns and triggers which may help with the treatment.


Hope this helps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! Not a doctor, Pharmaceutical rep, but the drug I rep is Lupron, which is the only medical therapy that is indicated for the treatment of endo lesions.

Erin is on it currently, not all fun, but relieves chronic pelvic pain.


Definately ask a doctor since you are bleeding, but that is a common with endo.

Here are the common symptoms for you other girls:

Not all women with endometriosis will have the same experience. In order to have a beneficial discussion with your doctor, it is important for you to become familiar with some of the most common signs and symptoms of the disease. They are:


Chronic pelvic pain

Dysmenorrhea, pain before and during menstruation

Dyspareunia, pain during and after sexual intercourse

Irregular vaginal bleeding


Painful bowel movements during menstruation


Birth control (OCs) is often the first therapy used by physicians because it is cost effective and easy, ACOG recommends that after a 3 month trial of OCs, laprascopy or medical therapy like Lupron is the best option. This option preserves fertillity while stopping your menstral flow by shutting down the estrogen your body produces- which also fuels the endo.


So, with that said, it could be that your endo is being mistreated, therefore you are just having symptoms of endo... which you already know you have. Endometriosis can affect your fertility because of the scar tissue it produces. Lupron might be a good fit for you. I am attaching the patient website for you to take a look at. let me know if you have any questions. I know from experience how frusterated you are!

Endometriosis symptoms include chronic pelvic pain, menstrual pain, irregular vaginal bleeding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello everyone, I wanted to share my journey toward creating a healthier and more eco-loving environment for my kids, and how it led to the establishment of my business, Eco Naturistic. A few years ago, I started to become increasingly aware of the products I was using at home, especially those my kids were exposed to daily. I realized that many conventional products, from cleaning supplies to personal care items, contained harmful chemicals that I didn't want around my children. Driven by a desire to provide a safer and more sustainable lifestyle for my family, I began researching and experimenting with eco-friendly alternatives. I was amazed by the positive impact this shift had on our well-being and the environment. Inspired by my own transformative experience, I decided to turn my passion into a business. Eco Naturistic was born out of a genuine desire to offer families like mine access to eco-loving products that are safe, effective, and kind to the planet. Our range of products includes everything from organic cleaning supplies and non-toxic personal care items to eco-friendly toys and sustainable household goods. Each product is carefully selected and tested to ensure it aligns with our commitment to health and the environment. I've seen firsthand how making conscious choices can improve the health and happiness of our families and reduce our ecological footprint. I'm excited to share my journey, insights, and product recommendations with all of you. Feel free to ask any questions or share your own experiences – let's create a healthier, more eco-loving world for our kids together! 🌿💚
    • Destination wedding in Spain: Spain, with its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture, beckons couples from around the world to celebrate their love amidst its captivating beauty. From the sun-soaked beaches of the Mediterranean to the historic charm of its cities, Spain offers an array of options for destination weddings that are nothing short of magical. In this article, we will explore why Spain is a dream destination for weddings and what makes it an ideal choice for couples looking to exchange vows in a setting that is both romantic and unforgettable. Costa del Romance: Mediterranean Beach Weddings Spain's stunning coastline along the Mediterranean Sea is a paradise for beach weddings. Locations like Costa del Sol, Costa Brava, and Ibiza provide sun-drenched beaches, azure waters, and picturesque cliffs, creating an idyllic backdrop for seaside nuptials. Historic Splendor: Cityscapes as Your Venue Spain's cities are steeped in history and architectural marvels. Barcelona, Seville, and Granada, for example, offer enchanting venues such as historic palaces, charming courtyards, and elegant cathedrals where couples can tie the knot amidst centuries-old splendor. Cultural Riches: A Flamenco-Inspired Celebration Spain's rich cultural heritage is a treasure trove of traditions and celebrations. Couples can infuse their wedding with Spanish flair, from fiery flamenco performances to traditional Spanish guitar serenades, creating a lively and vibrant atmosphere. Mild Mediterranean Climate: Ideal Wedding Seasons Spain enjoys a Mediterranean climate, making it a desirable destination for weddings year-round. Whether you prefer a springtime celebration among blossoming flowers or a warm summer wedding under the Spanish sun, the options are boundless. Destination Wedding Planners: Crafting Your Dream Day Spain boasts a thriving wedding planning industry, with experts who specialize in orchestrating dream weddings. These professionals can assist with every aspect of your wedding, from venue selection and decor to logistics and entertainment, ensuring a seamless and stress-free experience. Gastronomic Excellence: A Culinary Journey Spanish cuisine is renowned worldwide for its flavors and diversity. Treat your guests to a culinary journey featuring paella, tapas, and delectable regional dishes, ensuring that the wedding feast is a highlight of your celebration. Spain, with its diverse landscapes, rich history, vibrant culture, and culinary delights, serves as an enchanting canvas for destination weddings. It is a place where romantic dreams come to life, and every moment is imbued with the magic of Spanish charm. Whether you dream of a beachside paradise, a historic cityscape, or a cultural extravaganza, Spain offers a captivating backdrop for celebrating love. It is a destination where tradition and modernity merge effortlessly to create a wedding experience that is both timeless and unforgettable.
    • Việc lựa chọn dịch vụ cho thuê kho điện máy là một quyết định quan trọng đối với các doanh nghiệp hoặc cá nhân có nhu cầu lưu trữ hoặc sử dụng tạm thời thiết bị điện máy. Dưới đây là một số tiêu chí quan trọng để xem xét khi bạn chọn dịch vụ cho thuê kho điện máy: Vị trí: Vị trí của kho rất quan trọng. Nó nên cách gần nơi bạn hoặc công ty của bạn hoạt động, giúp tiết kiệm thời gian và chi phí vận chuyển. Điều này cũng giúp đảm bảo rằng bạn có thể dễ dàng truy cập và kiểm soát thiết bị điện máy của mình khi cần. Diện tích và dung tích: Điều này phụ thuộc vào số lượng và kích thước của thiết bị điện máy bạn muốn lưu trữ. Đảm bảo rằng kho có diện tích và dung tích đủ lớn để đáp ứng nhu cầu của bạn, và rằng bạn có thể sắp xếp thiết bị một cách hiệu quả. An toàn và bảo vệ: Đảm bảo rằng kho cung cấp các biện pháp an toàn và bảo vệ đối với thiết bị điện máy của bạn. Điều này bao gồm hệ thống báo động, camera giám sát, kiểm soát truy cập và bảo vệ chống cháy nổ. Điều kiện lưu trữ: Kiểm tra điều kiện lưu trữ trong kho, bao gồm nhiệt độ, độ ẩm và điều kiện môi trường. Điều này đặc biệt quan trọng nếu bạn cần lưu trữ thiết bị điện máy nhạy cảm với môi trường như máy tính hoặc thiết bị y tế. Thời gian thuê: Xác định thời gian bạn cần thuê kho. Một số dịch vụ cho thuê có linh hoạt về thời gian, trong khi một số khác có hạn chế về thời gian tối thiểu hoặc tối đa cho thuê. Chi phí thuê: So sánh giá thuê kho điện máy giữa các nhà cung cấp dịch vụ khác nhau. Đảm bảo rằng bạn hiểu rõ các khoản phí bao gồm và nếu có, các chi phí bổ sung như phí dịch vụ, phí bảo hiểm, và thuế. Dịch vụ đi kèm: Xem xét những dịch vụ đi kèm mà kho cung cấp. Điều này có thể bao gồm vận chuyển, xếp dỡ, và quản lý tồn kho. Cân nhắc xem liệu bạn cần những dịch vụ này hay không và liệu chi phí của chúng có hợp lý hay không. Chính sách bảo hiểm: Kiểm tra chính sách bảo hiểm của dịch vụ cho thuê và xem liệu thiết bị của bạn được bảo hiểm trong trường hợp có sự cố hay không. Nếu không, bạn có thể cần mua bảo hiểm riêng cho thiết bị của mình. Đánh giá và phản hồi của khách hàng: Tìm hiểu về kinh nghiệm của các khách hàng trước đây với dịch vụ cho thuê kho điện máy cụ thể. Đánh giá và phản hồi từ họ có thể giúp bạn đánh giá chất lượng dịch vụ. Thời gian hoạt động: Đảm bảo rằng thời gian hoạt động của kho phù hợp với nhu cầu của bạn. Nếu bạn cần truy cập vào buổi tối hoặc ngày nghỉ, hãy xác minh rằng kho có thời gian hoạt động mở cửa trong thời gian đó. Tóm lại, việc lựa chọn dịch vụ cho thuê kho điện máy cần phải xem xét nhiều yếu tố quan trọng để đảm bảo rằng nhu cầu của bạn được đáp ứng một cách tốt nhất. Chọn lựa cẩn thận có thể giúp bạn tiết kiệm thời gian, tiền bạc và đảm bảo an toàn cho thiết bị của bạn. Hữu Toàn Logistics Địa chỉ: 5/219 Thủ Khoa Huân, Tổ 4A, Hòa Lân 1, Thuận Giao, Thuận An, Bình Dương, Việt Nam. Hotline: 0937707327 Email: info@huutoanlogistics.com Website: https://huutoanlogistics.com
    • Thinking about booking at this resort! Do either of you have any feedback? 
    • Việc thuê văn phòng ảo tại quận 11, TP.HCM mang lại nhiều lợi ích quan trọng cho các doanh nghiệp và cá nhân. Xem thêm bài viết:  https://kenhrao.com/tin-dang/vi-sao-cho-viec-thue-van-phong-ao-tro-nen-xu-huong.420595/ Dưới đây là một số lợi ích chính của việc sử dụng dịch vụ văn phòng ảo tại khu vực này: Địa chỉ uy tín và vị trí đắc địa: Quận 11 nằm ở vị trí trung tâm và có nhiều tiềm năng phát triển kinh doanh. Việc sử dụng địa chỉ văn phòng ảo tại đây giúp tạo dấu ấn tích cực và uy tín với khách hàng và đối tác. Tiết kiệm chi phí: So với việc thuê văn phòng truyền thống, thuê văn phòng ảo tại quận 11 giúp tiết kiệm đáng kể chi phí thuê mặt bằng, trang bị nội thất, và các chi phí khác liên quan đến vận hành văn phòng. Linh hoạt làm việc: Văn phòng ảo cho phép bạn làm việc từ bất kỳ đâu có kết nối internet. Điều này giúp bạn thích nghi với các tình huống khẩn cấp hoặc đi công tác thường xuyên. Quản lý thư và cuộc gọi hiệu quả: Dịch vụ quản lý thư và cuộc gọi tại quận 11 giúp bạn không bỏ lỡ thông báo quan trọng và duy trì sự liên lạc liên tục với khách hàng và đối tác. Tiện ích văn phòng ảo đa dạng: Ngoài địa chỉ thư và số điện thoại riêng, các dịch vụ văn phòng ảo tại quận 11 thường bao gồm quyền truy cập vào phòng họp, phòng làm việc, và các tiện ích văn phòng chung khác. Cơ hội mở rộng mối quan hệ kinh doanh: Tại quận 11, bạn có cơ hội tham gia vào cộng đồng kinh doanh đa dạng và mạng lưới với các doanh nghiệp khác sử dụng dịch vụ tại đây. Điều này có thể dẫn đến các cơ hội hợp tác mới và mở rộng mối quan hệ kinh doanh. Bảo vệ thông tin cá nhân: Dịch vụ văn phòng ảo đảm bảo bảo vệ thông tin cá nhân và địa chỉ của bạn, giúp bạn an tâm về việc duy trì quyền riêng tư. Lựa chọn linh hoạt: Quận 11 cung cấp nhiều lựa chọn gói dịch vụ văn phòng ảo để phù hợp với nhu cầu và ngân sách của doanh nghiệp của bạn. Bạn có thể tùy chỉnh và nâng cấp dịch vụ theo thời gian. Sự chuyên nghiệp và hiệu quả: Sử dụng địa chỉ văn phòng ảo tại quận 11 giúp doanh nghiệp tạo dấu ấn mạnh mẽ về sự chuyên nghiệp và đáng tin cậy, đồng thời tập trung vào việc phát triển kinh doanh. Giảm rủi ro trong điều kiện khó khăn: Trong thời gian khó khăn như đại dịch COVID-19, việc sử dụng văn phòng ảo giúp giảm rủi ro và đảm bảo sự an toàn cho bạn và nhân viên của bạn. Tóm lại, việc sử dụng văn phòng ảo tại quận 11 cung cấp nhiều lợi ích quan trọng như tiết kiệm chi phí, sự linh hoạt, tạo dấu ấn tích cực, và cơ hội mở rộng mối quan hệ kinh doanh. Đây là lựa chọn thông minh để tối ưu hóa hoạt động kinh doanh của bạn. Hữu Toàn Office Địa chỉ: 101D Cộng Hòa, Phường 4, Quận Tân Bình, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam Hotline: 0937606509 Email: office@huutoanlogistics.com Website: https://huutoanoffice.vn
  • Topics

  • Create New...