Jump to content

Photo

We put an offer on a house!


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#11 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,681 posts

    Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

    How exciting!! CONGRATS!!

    #12 BachataBride

    BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

      Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

      Congrats!!!
      I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! We are closing our first house in 3 weeks!!! When we were in the offer stage we were up against another couple too. We had to go 3k above the asking price in order to get it but it was the PERFECT house for us...and when you think about it...3k over 25 yrs is not that much more money...if it's the house you really want!
      Good Luck!!!

      #13 lmg970

      lmg970
      • Jr. Member
      • 316 posts

        Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

        congrats, I remember when we offered on our house, it was certainly trying on my nerves. but I do agree with this market no need to over pay

        #14 Jacqueline

        Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

          Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

          Oh good luck!! Keep us posted!!!!!!

          #15 yamille

          yamille
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,460 posts

            Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

            Awesome Kelly! fingers crossed....

            #16 KLC77

            KLC77
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,207 posts

              Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ErinB
              That is so exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

              If you get it would you have to move before the wedding?
              We would probably move before the wedding. Maybe not fully move in tho. It does need some work that will be easier to do if all of our stuff isn't there yet. So, I'd probably try to tackle some projects before the wedding so we could move in after. We don't live together right now tho so we'll be coming home to separate houses! (which I don't like at all)

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BachataBride
              Congrats!!!
              I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! We are closing our first house in 3 weeks!!! When we were in the offer stage we were up against another couple too. We had to go 3k above the asking price in order to get it but it was the PERFECT house for us...and when you think about it...3k over 25 yrs is not that much more money...if it's the house you really want!
              Good Luck!!!
              Congrats on your house! Isn't it so exciting!
              ~Kelly

              Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

              #17 BachataBride

              BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

                Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

                It is sooooo exciting!!! I remember being almost sick waiting to hear if we got the house!!! When will you find out??

                #18 KLC77

                KLC77
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,207 posts

                  Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BachataBride
                  It is sooooo exciting!!! I remember being almost sick waiting to hear if we got the house!!! When will you find out??
                  They have a week to get back to us. We actually expect that they are going to say no to this offer. We went in pretty low, but the house has been on the market for over 200 days with no activity and the other offer requires that the people sell their house before they can buy this one. We don't have anything to sell, have a pre-approval and cash to put down. We're hoping they come back with a counter-offer and see where it goes from there. If they take our first offer then they are really desperate. When I say low, I mean we went in REALLY low. lol
                  ~Kelly

                  Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

                  #19 Danniellou

                  Danniellou
                  • Member
                  • 815 posts

                    Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

                    That is so exciting! Congrats and good luck!

                    #20 BachataBride

                    BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

                      Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KLC77
                      They have a week to get back to us. We actually expect that they are going to say no to this offer. We went in pretty low, but the house has been on the market for over 200 days with no activity and the other offer requires that the people sell their house before they can buy this one. We don't have anything to sell, have a pre-approval and cash to put down. We're hoping they come back with a counter-offer and see where it goes from there. If they take our first offer then they are really desperate. When I say low, I mean we went in REALLY low. lol
                      A week!! OMG...I would die!! LOL
                      We only had to wait a couple days & I thought I was going to have a breakdown!! LOL

                      GOOD LUCK!!! (fingers are crossed for you!)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users