Photo

RIU - MB Brides...What Package did you Pick?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

Hi RIU-MB brides. I selected the Caprice package but am thinking that All the extra stuff is not necessary. I would rather concentrate on the decorative part of the ceremony (flowers and trimmings), but other than flowers and linen, the RIU decorations don't really include all that much. What package did you pick if you decided to bring ALL your decorations or a hybrid of bringing some decorations and using RIU's vendors? Trying to piece it all together. So confused.....

#2 Geralyn

Geralyn
    • 2,677 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

I got the Caprice package also...i'm not really sure if i am going to bring decorations for the ceremony...maybe just for the reception

#3 RMB12/4/08

RMB12/4/08
      • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

I chose the free package because I don't need all that extra stuff but if I want flowers or linens you can always add it on and then you pick what you want instead of having everything in the package and it could be a bunch of stuff you don't want. I am also not going to use the bouquet because I can't get any pictures to know what I will have for flower so I can't make my bridesmaids flowers without knowing what mine looks like. I don't want theirs to over-power mine.
        RMB Bride over 1 year ago! Baby #1 due in March! And can't wait for a drink! On the downhill slide from here!

#4 CanadianBride84

CanadianBride84
        • 58 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

I went with the free one considering it has the dinner with it anyways, and I think that the beach and water will be enough decoration anyways. I will just add on whatever extras we need.

#5 montegobay09

montegobay09
          • 832 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

We chose the free package as well. Just like the prior posts, I figure I'll just pay the extra for the things we really want like a different bouquet for me and more professional pictures than any package was offering.

I can't wait for the first one of us to actually have a wedding there. RMB12/4/08 are you the first on here to go? You'll have to give us lots of pointers when you get back!

#6 Trice

Trice
            • 295 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

I almost chose the Royal package but ended up selecting the Free one after reading on the forum. We will just add the extras.

#7 RMB12/4/08

RMB12/4/08
              • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by montegobay09
                We chose the free package as well. Just like the prior posts, I figure I'll just pay the extra for the things we really want like a different bouquet for me and more professional pictures than any package was offering.

I can't wait for the first one of us to actually have a wedding there. RMB12/4/08 are you the first on here to go? You'll have to give us lots of pointers when you get back!
                Yes I guess I am the first one on here going to RIU MB. THat is kinda nerve racking!!! I am making my bouquets and still need to do it. I better get moving but I can't make up my mind on what I want. I was going to use their bouquet for me and make my bridesmaids but then I don't know what kind of flowers to use for theirs so I am going to just make all of them... 6 weeks and I will be there and almost on my way home.
                RMB Bride over 1 year ago! Baby #1 due in March! And can't wait for a drink! On the downhill slide from here!

#8 montegobay09

montegobay09
                • 832 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

That's so exciting!! Don't be nerous I'm sure everything will be great. I'm already having dreams about being there so I can't imagine what's going through your head. Just enjoy everything, you'll never get to experience anything like this again! Good luck with the planning?? Did you pick the gree package too?

#9 RMB12/4/08

RMB12/4/08
                  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

yes I did pick the free package. We have a group of 30 going so I will decide once we get there what else if anything I want to add. Good luck with your planning too. Yes I am very excited but so ready to get there and have it over so the stress level will get back to norm, it's really taking a toll on me... Still waiting to hear if they have received my papaerwork for the marriage license also. I sent it a couple weeks ago, I'm nervous. I will let you know when I receive an email saying that they got it all! I'm glad we have others to chat with, it helps calm the nerves, (a bit!)

#10 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
                    • 291 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

I can't wait to see what it is going to be like! I'm in Lucea shooting the second week of December and might take a day trip to the RMB and take some photos to get a feel for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users