Photo

OUCH! TTD Quote

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

I agree, it totally depends on what you truly [deep down] want. For me, the photos means a lot to me, because we have been together for like three years and only have like 4 photos together. I have lost a crap-load of weight, so the TTD is something to celebrate us, the weight loss, everything. I agree also with Katie, because it's not like you can go back to that moment.

$1200 isn't too bad, but I would look at what it would cost to fly someone down there with you, and you just pay for their all-inclusive trip; it might only be $1000 more or so, and that way, you would have them for three or four days, maybe the whole week, as apposed to only 2 hours. They might give you a deal on the photos afterwards, and/or, if you can find another bride getting married around the same time/place, then maybe she will share the cost with you.

We are flying our photog down with us [Barcelo Mayan Riviera/ photog's cost is $3000+] so it's not cheap, but it was something that we had to make that decision on. It took us months, but ulimately, it was the right decision.

~~

#12 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
    • 167 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:00 AM

$1200 is a bit of a splurge but not too terribly expensive for good quality photos that you will cherish forever!

#13 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
      • 315 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

$1,200 is not bad at all!!! the photographer we are going with will cost us $3,500 just for TTD!

Don't feel bad! I think you got a great deal, but remember that you do get what you pay for. I agree with the other brides' suggestions of consulting your photographers past TTD to see the work they've done so far.

I would pay close attention to the quality of the pics in the cenote. a photographer needs special lighting for that place.

does the $1,200 fee include an assistant?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users