• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#971 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • 709 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

I agree :)

Originally Posted by morgan7 

I personsonally like #1. I think that #2 is almost too much, as in too wide. It sort of takes away from the e-ring. i would go with #1.

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#972 hutchets

hutchets
    • 195 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

I love seeing all these rings.  We went to have a wedding band to match my center band  but are having troubles getting the stones we need.  It's a rose gold with pink diamonds and we cannot find 31 pink diamonds of the same size.  He called and said we could try pink sapphires so I said to order them and we can see.  My pink diamonds are a pale pink and I'm afraid we may not be able to get that amount of the same size colored light pink sapphires.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Theresa
      Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#973 morgan7

morgan7
      • 219 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

i really like your ring hutchets! its so unique and i also love rose gold haha. i hope everything works out with the wedding band for you

#974 Dellnia

Dellnia
        • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Gorgeoous ring!!! Is that by Neil Lane?

Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND 

Click the image to open in full size.

here it is....

#975 Dellnia

Dellnia
          • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

I know that you are far from NYC. I would suggest you check the jewelers in Diamond District in NY. I am sure they can help with anything that you're looking for. They have several stores so I am sure they can help you find something. Good luck with your search. :)

Originally Posted by hutchets 

I love seeing all these rings.  We went to have a wedding band to match my center band  but are having troubles getting the stones we need.  It's a rose gold with pink diamonds and we cannot find 31 pink diamonds of the same size.  He called and said we could try pink sapphires so I said to order them and we can see.  My pink diamonds are a pale pink and I'm afraid we may not be able to get that amount of the same size colored light pink sapphires.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

#976 Dellnia

Dellnia
            • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

Gorgeous ring! :)

Originally Posted by hutchets 

#977 aholen

aholen
              • Site Supporter
              • 101 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

What do "real people" spend on their engagement rings/wedding bands combined? I'm thinking of having a custom band made for my ering, and what I have in mind will cost around $4k because of the amount of design work required, more than the materials.... I feel like this is A LOT, but I don't have any real reference points....

#978 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Aholen - I think it all depends on how much you want to spend and have available. My wedding band is a custom made Platinum setting with .25 ct of diamonds and it cost $2K. FI's band is white gold with a .05 diamond and it is also $2K. We wanted rings that we would love forever since we will be wearing and looking at them for the rest of our lives. Some people make think this is too high or too low, but we both love our rings and we could afford to spend that money on the ones we wanted.

#979 Janet1480

Janet1480
                  • 709 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

It really does depend on your budget and what you can afford. Everyone can afford different things so i think its very hard to average it out. It also depends on the quality of diamond you decide to go with. I suggest you shop around as well. I had my band made to match my ring and my diamonds are very good quality. I got quoted 50% more at one place then I actually spent at another...if you shop around as well you may be surprised and find something that is close to what you want and if they customize from something that already exists then it may cost less as well

Originally Posted by aholen 

What do "real people" spend on their engagement rings/wedding bands combined? I'm thinking of having a custom band made for my ering, and what I have in mind will cost around $4k because of the amount of design work required, more than the materials.... I feel like this is A LOT, but I don't have any real reference points....

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#980 rachey82

rachey82
                    • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

Beautiful rings everyone!

Here are ours:

bnbbn.jpgvbnbvn.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users