Jump to content

Photo

show us your rings!


  • Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#611 Danyelle

Danyelle
  • Jr. Member
  • 368 posts

    Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

    Everyone has such beautiful rings!!

    I finally got my OFFICIAL PROPOSAL!!! (Click the image to open in full size.

    My attempts at artistry lol:
    Click the image to open in full size.

    Click the image to open in full size.

    #612 TLGnhci

    TLGnhci
    • Member
    • 899 posts

      Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Danyelle
      Everyone has such beautiful rings!!

      I finally got my OFFICIAL PROPOSAL!!! (Click the image to open in full size.

      My attempts at artistry lol:
      Click the image to open in full size.

      Click the image to open in full size.
      Wow, what a gorgeous ring!! Congratulations!!

      #613 Danyelle

      Danyelle
      • Jr. Member
      • 368 posts

        Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

        Thanks TLG!

        #614 Mimi83

        Mimi83
        • Newbie
        • 19 posts

          Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

          Here's mine. For years, I wanted a halo ring, but after seeing all of my friends and their mothers getting them, I suddenly started to miss seeing the solitaires. Lol. So, here is mine; I'm thinking of pairing it with a really blinged out band when the time comes.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          #615 Danyelle

          Danyelle
          • Jr. Member
          • 368 posts

            Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

            ^
            Soooo classic! :)
            very pretty.

            #616 LadyTrunck

            LadyTrunck
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,114 posts

              Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mimi83
              Here's mine. For years, I wanted a halo ring, but after seeing all of my friends and their mothers getting them, I suddenly started to miss seeing the solitaires. Lol. So, here is mine; I'm thinking of pairing it with a really blinged out band when the time comes.

              Click the image to open in full size.

              Click the image to open in full size.

              Click the image to open in full size.
              UMMM GORGEOUS!!! We have the same ring :) I think yours is bigger though- for sure. And how were you able to take such great photos of it!? All of mine turned out super crappy!
              Married to my BEST FRIEND!
              July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
              Non-Pro Pics:
              http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
              Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

              #617 Mimi83

              Mimi83
              • Newbie
              • 19 posts

                Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:46 AM

                Thanks, Danyelle and LadyTrunck, for your compliments! :)

                LadyTrunck: Here's how I took clear pictures. Hopefully it'll work for you, too!

                1. Set your camera on to the macro setting (the setting that has the flower logo).

                2. Zoom all the way out.

                3. Take the picture on a white background. Dark backgrounds will blur the stone.

                4. Make sure that most of the light source (use natural light) is behind your stone, which means that the light should be from the opposite direction of the camera's flash, instead of being from the same direction. Basically, the diamond should be sandwiched between your camera's flash and another light source. Lol.

                Try taking a picture indoor during the day, with your hand placed (with the ring on it) against the window, and take a picture.

                6. Another way to take clear (and stylized! Lol) pictures of a diamond is to place it on something that has texture, like inside a flower; this will allow the camera to focus better.

                #618 Danyelle

                Danyelle
                • Jr. Member
                • 368 posts

                  Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mimi83
                  6. Another way to take clear (and stylized! Lol) pictures of a diamond is to place it on something that has texture, like inside a flower; this will allow the camera to focus better.
                  that was my tactic.

                  great tips.

                  #619 sorord1

                  sorord1
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 240 posts

                    Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

                    Hey Mimi I used your advice and this is my attempt at artistry! Here are pics of my e-ring.

                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    Click the image to open in full size.



                    #620 Melaina

                    Melaina
                    • Newbie
                    • 139 posts

                      Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

                      Beautiful ring, sorord1! Love the detail.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users