2112 replies to this topic

#1911 elissae

elissae
  • 631 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Gorgeous Sparkler!!!  I love your wedding announcement!  You are a beautiful couple!!!!  The photo looks like something you'd see in a bridal magazine!  LOVE!!!!  Congrats!

Originally Posted by simpsondunn 

I loved looking through everyone's pictures and thought I would share mine as well. I am a June 2013 Riu Peninsula Cancun bride. It is also the same place I got engaged.

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#1912 simpsondunn

simpsondunn
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Thank you so much.

#1913 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

What's the rule on engangement ring and wedding band height? Should they ideally match in height? My e-ring is such an awkward shape that I  may have to custom a band to fit because NOTHING in the stores matches it perfectly. The only bands i've tried and liked with it are the diamond bands all around. BUT...my e-ring is set so high that all the bands look low. Don't know if that is weird or if any of you have heard any guidelines on where they should lay together??

Thoughts?

#1914 alley08

alley08
      • 123 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 25, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
      • LocationOshawa

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Can you post a picture of it so we can get an idea?

#1915 ABCDwedding

ABCDwedding
      • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

I a[quote name="JA2012" url="/t/896/show-us-your-rings/1860#post_1871939"]What's the rule on engangement ring and wedding band height? Should they ideally match in height? My e-ring is such an awkward shape that I  may have to custom a band to fit because NOTHING in the stores matches it perfectly. The only bands i've tried and liked with it are the diamond bands all around. BUT...my e-ring is set so high that all the bands look low. Don't know if that is weird or if any of you have heard any guidelines on where they should lay together?? Thoughts? [/quote I am having the same problem :(

#1916 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
        • 593 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Zasil 

A few of

The traditional ones

Simply Cartier

I love the peacock photo! We are having peacock feathers and elements at our wedding. Also- these are some great men's bands. I am having trouble finding a band for my fiance. He is super picky. He doesn't want too thick of a band and he wants some diamonds but it can't look feminine...lol he doesn't wear any jewelry except a watch so this should be interested. I checked the regular stores- Zales, Helzberg, Kay- he doesn't like any of the bands. I am thinking we will have to go custom. It is so much easier for the men to find rings for the ladies- there are so many designs. There is far less in stores for the grooms.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#1917 LKocelko

LKocelko
          • 350 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

I love the peacock photo! We are having peacock feathers and elements at our wedding. Also- these are some great men's bands. I am having trouble finding a band for my fiance. He is super picky. He doesn't want too thick of a band and he wants some diamonds but it can't look feminine...lol he doesn't wear any jewelry except a watch so this should be interested. I checked the regular stores- Zales, Helzberg, Kay- he doesn't like any of the bands. I am thinking we will have to go custom. It is so much easier for the men to find rings for the ladies- there are so many designs. There is far less in stores for the grooms.

Ever check Etsy? They have everything.

#1918 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

My FI is getting his band from etsy by seller jewellerybyjohan. A titanium band with wood inlays Posted Image

#1919 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
              • 861 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

I have to mention this seller also uses meteorite, antler and dinosaur bone inlays as well, which look awesome

#1920 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
                • 593 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

That's unique. I'll look into it. It seems the most popular mens metals is Titanium- which my fianc© initially scoffed at, but then every band he likes is...you guess it...titanium lol. It's durable, costs less, and looks more masculine. I think he's jut Wally's because my band cost a whole lot more lol
                  Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users