Jump to content

Photo

show us your rings!


  • Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1771 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
  • Member
  • 593 posts

    Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

    My fiance and I have been dating 6 years and we will be getting married after our 7th year anniversary. Not on a particular date though- we picked our wedding date based on my work schedule (I'm a teacher and school is out wahoo) and on ease of travel for our guests lol. Wish it was more significant but it will be after we marry! haha 


    Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

    #1772 Aynat

    Aynat
    • Jr. Member
    • 199 posts

      Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

      Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

      My fiance and I have been dating 6 years and we will be getting married after our 7th year anniversary. Not on a particular date though- we picked our wedding date based on my work schedule (I'm a teacher and school is out wahoo) and on ease of travel for our guests lol. Wish it was more significant but it will be after we marry! haha 

      Wow! 6 year is such a long time to be dating :) bet you guys know each other pretty well, lol

      Congratulation on your engagement. Such an exciting time and goes by so fast! Enjoy every minute of it. :)



      #1773 missde09

      missde09
      • Newbie
      • 80 posts

        Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

        My FI also proposed on our 4 year anniversary, but due to scheduling conflicts at work, we have to have the wedding a couple months after our 5 year anniversary. I can't wait. I'm jealous that you have already been to the resort for your wedding. I would probably feel so much better about our choice if I had visited there prior to the wedding. But we have heard several great reviews from friends and people on this forum so it helps to ease the nerves.



        #1774 EVKnowsitall

        EVKnowsitall
        • Member
        • 593 posts

          Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

          Originally Posted by missde09 

          My FI also proposed on our 4 year anniversary, but due to scheduling conflicts at work, we have to have the wedding a couple months after our 5 year anniversary. I can't wait. I'm jealous that you have already been to the resort for your wedding. I would probably feel so much better about our choice if I had visited there prior to the wedding. But we have heard several great reviews from friends and people on this forum so it helps to ease the nerves.

          Yea I almost went to do a site visit for my resort but it was going to cost us $2,500 to go together and my fiance didn't want me to go alone. We figured we could put that $2,500 towards the wedding.

           

          It was a good thing I didn't go. The week I had planned to do the site visit, we were told my grandmother didn't have much time so instead, I used some of the money to visit her in Georgia. I was there for a week. When I came home, a month later she passed away. Everything happens for a reason. I was so glad I got to see her once more before she passed away.

           

          Caution to the wind! We almost chose the Majestic. My friend goes there every year. She told me I should do my wedding there and she absolutely loves it. Only reason I didn't was because the priest wasn't available and that was one of my non-negotiables. 


          Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

          #1775 elissae

          elissae
          • Member
          • 631 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationClifton Park, NY

          Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

          Originally Posted by maridr2012 

          My FI and I procrastinated for a long time, and with only 4 weeks left to the big day we finally went shopping this weekend and made our purchases : )  I had always told him that for my e-ring I wanted a very simple and classic solitaire, which he obliged.  But, he always said he wanted to get me more "bling". Well, when he went shopping  he was adamant about changing my e-ring setting to something with side stones.  He's prob one of very few guys that would want their girl to get more diamonds, and I'm one of the few that don't want it!  When the shop owner came over and told him he agreed with my choice of keeping it simple and it'd look more classy he relented.  I chose a pave set eternity band at 1.25 ct to go with my 1.6 ct solitaire.  I'm so in love with it I cant stop looking at pics!  

           

           



          here is my ring...

           

           



          Gorgeous!  Looks perfect on your hand!!!!


          Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


          #1776 missde09

          missde09
          • Newbie
          • 80 posts

            Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

            Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

            Yea I almost went to do a site visit for my resort but it was going to cost us $2,500 to go together and my fiance didn't want me to go alone. We figured we could put that $2,500 towards the wedding.

             

            It was a good thing I didn't go. The week I had planned to do the site visit, we were told my grandmother didn't have much time so instead, I used some of the money to visit her in Georgia. I was there for a week. When I came home, a month later she passed away. Everything happens for a reason. I was so glad I got to see her once more before she passed away.

             

            Caution to the wind! We almost chose the Majestic. My friend goes there every year. She told me I should do my wedding there and she absolutely loves it. Only reason I didn't was because the priest wasn't available and that was one of my non-negotiables. 


            Yeah the cost of a site visit seems ridiculous when we have so many other things to pay for this year. I am so glad that you were able to see your grandma before she passed. Everything certainly happens for a reason.

             

            Thanks for the encouraging words about the Majestic! It is nice to hear so many good reviews about the place. I heard it was tough to get a priest. Fortunately, my FI and I are going to get married (no bells or whistles) before we go. Then we can have a symbolic wedding at the Majestic and my brother can actually perform the ceremony (he is an ordained minister in the states). We initially chose the Majestic because it is family friendly, however now it is starting to look like there are not that many if any families coming.



            #1777 LoveMyFireman

            LoveMyFireman
            • Newbie
            • 35 posts

              Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

              HOLY MOLY!!!! Now that's a RING! Stats?!?! How many carats is that thing? I have ring envy. haha.



              #1778 Aynat

              Aynat
              • Jr. Member
              • 199 posts

                Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

                If youre talking about my ring- thank you! My ring is two carats center stone and a little less than a carat on the sides. And I will have a thin band that goes with it. I really wanted a halo ring, but he did an amazing job.

                #1779 melnryluvco

                melnryluvco
                • Jr. Member
                • 340 posts

                  Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

                  Originally Posted by Vika 

                  just got my wedding band yesterdayy!!!! so excited!! can't wait to wear it!

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                  I love how it intertwined together. Annnd it looks sparkly



                  #1780 melnryluvco

                  melnryluvco
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 340 posts

                    Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

                    Originally Posted by Vika 

                    Thank you!!!

                    Here is a pic of my ering. I won't be wearing them together since it doesn't look good together and takes  away from each ring, so I will wear the ering on my right hand. kinda sad but i loved the wedding band so much.

                    I love them together! And then you can get an anniv band and have some real BLING going!!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users