show us your rings!

• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1271 kat2012

kat2012
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

I love your ring!!.

Picture make my finger look sausagey and diamond smaller haha. so not fair.

Originally Posted by Avens 

Not quite sure why the pictures went all weird spaced! Eek

#1272 proti007

proti007
    • 467 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Thanks ladies!

Originally Posted by ssapper 

I LOVE your split shank!!! So gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Labebita911 

beautiful

#1273 jennaba3

jennaba3
      • 210 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

Wow so many beautiful rings!! I need to get some pics of mine up!! xxxx

#1274 KeraSmiley

KeraSmiley
        • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

Kera+Darrell_W_0018.jpg

#1275 ssapper

ssapper
          • 182 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

So many gorgeous rings!

#1276 Pucca

Pucca
            • 485 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Beautiful ring! I like the sapphires, having a sapphire engagement ring myself! Your fiance did a great job! 

Here is my ring... it has two dark blue sapphires on the sides. I love it, he did so great! Picked it and designed it himself too! :) Now I'm having a lot of trouble deciding on a wedding band... at first the gap really bothered me but I didn't want the curve either because I want the option of wearing the band on its own...but now I see a lot of you don't mind the gap so maybe it's okay :) I do have to decide if I should go for an all diamond band or sapphires as well... thoughts? :)

If you find a setting that you really like you can always ask to have it cuztomized for you, so you can alter sapphires and diamonds. Also keep in mind that sapphires are softer than diamonds, so they might "wear and tear" more.. Because you could be wearing your band more often I would consider it.

#1277 jmastr05

jmastr05
              • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

I have an unusual ring situation... I decided that I only want an engagement ring, no wedding band. As you can see in the below picture, in order to wear both rings on the same finger, I would need a custom wedding band that fits around the center stone of my engagement ring. (The center stone is not raised enough for a wedding band to fir underneath it). But I didn't want the ring to be lopsided with 2 bands of diamonds on 1 side and only 1 on the other side. So my other options would have been to wear my engagement ring and my wedding band (A) on different hands, or (B) one at a time and switch which ring I decide to wear on a given day. I just didn't like those options.

So in the end, I took off my engagement ring, gave it to the best man the morning of the wedding, and got married with that! My husband said he didn't mind.

(I have a picture that's more zoomed-in, but it's too big to upload).

DSC_5590.jpg

#1278 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
                • 614 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'm with you! part of the agreement we made in purchasing the ring was that I wouldn't have a wedding band. I wouldn't mind getting one someday, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to wear it on my right hand (it's too much to put it right next to the ring).

I like that idea!! : )

I have an unusual ring situation... I decided that I only want an engagement ring, no wedding band. As you can see in the below picture, in order to wear both rings on the same finger, I would need a custom wedding band that fits around the center stone of my engagement ring. (The center stone is not raised enough for a wedding band to fir underneath it). But I didn't want the ring to be lopsided with 2 bands of diamonds on 1 side and only 1 on the other side. So my other options would have been to wear my engagement ring and my wedding band (A) on different hands, or (B) one at a time and switch which ring I decide to wear on a given day. I just didn't like those options.

So in the end, I took off my engagement ring, gave it to the best man the morning of the wedding, and got married with that! My husband said he didn't mind.

DSC_5590.jpg

#1279 jmastr05

jmastr05
                  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, I think I'll end up getting a "wedding band" one day. Maybe for our 5-year anniversary or something. One of my co-workers brought up a good point: When I have kids with whom I'll be playing in the dirt, finger painting, etc, I may want a less fancy ring than my engagement ring, like a wedding band. Although most of the wedding bands I like are also fancy... whatevs, I'll deal with it when the time comes!

I know other girls who also felt that their engagement ring and wedding band together were too much. I think this is especially true for girls with slender fingers. (I have the opposite problems, my fingers are more like my dad's sausage hands!)

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

I'm with you! part of the agreement we made in purchasing the ring was that I wouldn't have a wedding band. I wouldn't mind getting one someday, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to wear it on my right hand (it's too much to put it right next to the ring).

I like that idea!! : )

tifany novo.png

#1280 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

I LOVE your ring, it is absolutely stunning and I think looks amazing without a wedding band as the two bands of the e-ring speak for themselves!!!!!!

also... you dont have sausage hands! I have "large" hands as well and am always so self conscious but I think there is a ring for everyone and yours looks stunning on your perfect hand!!!

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

DSC_5590.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users