show us your rings!

• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1221 mel72683

• 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

You probably feel the same way but it meant more knowing he did it by himself.

Kat2012 - what's yours look like I must have missed it :(

#1222 kat2012

• 602 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

Mel, it was pretty difficult for him too, since I worked at Jewellery store for 4 years.400x400px-2e11a56d_IMG00111-20110724-0800.jpg

Here it is, .70 solitaire. Exactly what I wanted.

#1223 Bride2012

• Banned
      • 442 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

Your ring is beautiful Mel!

#1224 mel72683

• 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

Kat2012 - that is gorgeous and even better exactlly what you wanted :).  He had to do good since you used to work in the business HA HA.

Bride2012 - thank you :)))

#1225 kat2012

• 602 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Thank you Mel, I never thought he would pull it off :D

#1226 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
            • 170 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Love the ring!! Is it tacori? If so I think we have the same ring!!

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

All so pretty!! @kerrib - we have almost the same setting! Here is my E-ring. Platinum princess cut. FI picked it out himself!   ring.JPG

#1227 mexbride83

• 309 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Babigirl - I stressed a LOT about my wedding band because my engagement ring setting is flush with the band, meaning it has a rounded base. Also, the side details are absolutely gorgeous and I didn't want to take away from or cover them. 

The designer of my ring (Penny Preville) made an eternity band that had a similar design along the sides, but it was a straight band and I didn't think I'd like the gap between my e-ring and wedding band. So I talked to our jeweler and she said Penny Preville could custom make a curved band that wrapped around my e-ring. I decided to do this and planned to go back the following week with my then fiance to order it. But of course that week I kept stressing over it because I didn't like how the curved ring wrapped around my diamond on just one side, it made my round diamond look oval. So I started to lean towards getting two. But I travel a lot to developing countries for work and pleasure, so I knew I'd be wearing the wedding band by itself often, and a curved band would look awful alone, and two curved bands even worse haha. So when I finally went back with my fiance, I tried on the straight eternity band, and this time around I liked it. And the fiance was very convincing, he actually loved it and hated the curved band. I ordered the straight band and spent the next couple months worrying that I'd hate the gap. Now that I've been wearing it for 2.5 months, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it!! I actually am a big fan of the gap, the best part being that it allows all the side details of my e-ring to still show (just wish I'd gotten the e-ring cleaned before the wedding haha! They're the same color when clean:) 

Originally Posted by babigirl21 View Post

Thank you @ JayKay,

OMG...after I linked the photos I noticed that one of my pave stones was gone.  I just got my ring back yesterday from being resized and the jewlers said that sometimes the prongs can loosen and I'm guessing they did not check the entire ring to ensure they were tight.  So I will have to go another day without my ring  .  I just got in engaged Saturday and my own mom has not even seen the ring on my finger yet.  The great thing is that I have an outstanding jeweler who will replace any lost diamond on my ring for the life.  I found out first hand that pave settings are high maintenance.  And you have to check your ring often.

I tried on wedding bands and since I have the pear mount, regular bands do not look cohesive with the E-ring.  I'm guessing that I should start inquiring about a custom band to my E-ring.  Anyone have any other suggestions??? 

#1228 ashley1316

• 353 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

Your ring is VERY similar to mine. I love it.

Here are better photos of the e-ring in its' box taken by a real camera on macro setting instead of my camera phone. Sorry for all the blank posts while I was learning how to post photos. I was so excited to share. Photobucket Photobucket

#1229 heavenone

• 169 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

@mexbride83 I'm going to have the same problem because my base is round too. Everyone keeps telling me I should get a curved band that fits my ring but I want a band that I can wear solo. My sister keeps telling me that if they're not flush the gap will bother me. I think i'm going to do what i want! So glad to know things are working out for you so far!

#1230 lovetheway

• Banned
                    • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

oh...so many diamond rings ..I can't remove my eyes ...

i haven't gotten one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users