• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1171 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Love it... Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bride2012 

Awww...my ring has been in the shop for WEEKS being resized...when I first got measured they said my ring size was a 7....got my ring and it was sliding all over the place!  So they resized me and it was all the way down to A 6...

They resized it...but it didnt pass their quality inspection so they had to RE-Send it and the waiting game continues.   Its weird cause when  i say "my fiancee" they automatically look at my ring finger....aaaannnnddd its empty ...then I have to go into the..."no..I have a ring but...." which doesnt sound good! LOL! 

But ANNNNYYYWWAAAYYY...heres my ring :)...i miss it....

ring1.jpg

#1172 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
    • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

I just LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE diamonds :)

#1173 starrysim

starrysim
      • 349 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

LOL.  You sound like my fiance. He's been loving diamonds too.  He totally wants one in his band.

Originally Posted by Coco YUL 

I just LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE diamonds :)

I got my band this week.  I love it, it matches perfectly, and it looks very pretty on its own too.  However, they had to size it down 2 sizes, and I don't know anything about these things.  After sizing, it looks a little crooked and uneven.  It's nothing anyone would ever notice, but it sort of bugs me.  Is anyone else's ring a little wonky?

set1.jpg

set3.jpg

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#1174 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
        • 162 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

I love your band... it's a beautiful combination...

Originally Posted by starrysim 

LOL.  You sound like my fiance. He's been loving diamonds too.  He totally wants one in his band.

I got my band this week.  I love it, it matches perfectly, and it looks very pretty on its own too.  However, they had to size it down 2 sizes, and I don't know anything about these things.  After sizing, it looks a little crooked and uneven.  It's nothing anyone would ever notice, but it sort of bugs me.  Is anyone else's ring a little wonky?

set1.jpg

set3.jpg

#1175 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
          • 261 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

So many beautiful rings! Here's mine...

I told my FI that I loved the cushion cut diamond...then the jewelers told him that the round cut holds it value more. So, they ended up getting me a round cut but had it put in princess prongs so I could have a more square-ish look.  It worked! He was sweating bullets when he gave it to me…but I love the way it all turned out.  

I believe they call it a knife edge ring with side pave diamonds and peek-a-boo diamonds .

Ring.JPGRing2.JPG

#1176 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

I liked cushion too and FI went with a round set the same way!!!!!!!! Looks gorgeous!!!!

Originally Posted by Julietisurs 

I told my FI that I loved the cushion cut diamond...then the jewelers told him that the round cut holds it value more. So, they ended up getting me a round cut but had it put in princess prongs so I could have a more square-ish look.  It worked! He was sweating bullets when he gave it to me…but I love the way it all turned out.  

I believe they call it a knife edge ring with side pave diamonds and peek-a-boo diamonds .

Ring.JPGRing2.JPG

#1177 starrysim

starrysim
              • 349 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

That's a stunning ring!  It's funny how everyone has such different taste - my main requirement was a 6-prong round.  I don't particularly like how 4-prongs make the round diamonds look more square.  It never occurred to me that others would prefer that look. lol.  Anyway, this isn't meant to take away from my earlier compliment, your ring is absolutely beautiful, congrats!

Ring.JPGRing2.JPG

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#1178 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

I totally agree with you.  I had wanted a 6 prong setting with a round diamond, but ended up with a 4 prong with a round diamond.  I still love it because its from my fiance but I find it does make it look squarish, which is definately what I didnt want.

Originally Posted by starrysim 

That's a stunning ring!  It's funny how everyone has such different taste - my main requirement was a 6-prong round.  I don't particularly like how 4-prongs make the round diamonds look more square.  It never occurred to me that others would prefer that look. lol.  Anyway, this isn't meant to take away from my earlier compliment, your ring is absolutely beautiful, congrats!

#1179 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
                • 162 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

That's a beauty1!!

Ring.JPGRing2.JPG

#1180 Bride2012

Bride2012
                  • Banned
                  • 442 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

FInally got my FI's wedding band! He's soooooo not your typical groom so this is the one he fell in love with (im glad he got  a ring that he loves as much as I love mine)!!!

FI ring.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users