Photo

show us your rings!

• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1161 starrysim

starrysim
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:32 AM

So you had your diamond re-set into a different setting while you were shopping for your wedding band? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB3172012 

Starrysim,

I also have a six-prong round solitaire. I was having the same issue, nothing looked right with my engagement ring. My jeweler suggested prong-set diamonds on my band ( versus channel, pave, etc.) bc it would match the look of the prong-set center stone.

Good luck! I hope you find something you love!

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#1162 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

I think she met the diamonds on her wedding band "prong set" to match her prong set E-ring not that her e-ring was re-set (as it is already a prong setting)

Originally Posted by starrysim 

So you had your diamond re-set into a different setting while you were shopping for your wedding band? 

Quote:

#1163 starrysim

starrysim
      • 349 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Oh, yes, that makes sense :)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I think she met the diamonds on her wedding band "prong set" to match her prong set E-ring not that her e-ring was re-set (as it is already a prong setting)

#1164 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
        • 206 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

Haha! Starrysim I'm the SAME exact way. I refer to him as my boyfriend and people just give me weird looks...the way I see it..by the time I get used to referring to him as my "fiance" he will be my husband...so might as well adjust to one new title versus two lol.

BTW Bride2012 your ring is very pretty! Sucks to be away from it...

It's very pretty, no wonder you miss it!  I would be devastated if I had to part with mine - which is why I gave strict directions that when he got me a ring, it would have to be THE real ring, and in my correct size, so I could wear it right away.  He obliged :)

It's funny, I'm the other way - I don't like to say "fiance," so I say boyfriend most of the time.  People probably wonder if I have a boyfriend on the side in addition to my fiance, since I have the ring. LOL

#1165 Bride2012

Bride2012
          • Banned
          • 442 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:38 AM

Thanks PassionSarcasm! I STILL look down at it and admire it....its just a constant reminder of the love he has for me and the realization that he chose me!!! I got it back on Friday and it feels like the day he proposed ALL over again...I just want to show it off and have everyone look at it....some more! LOL!

#1166 Avens

Avens
            • 576 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

Yes! Me to, or I call him my manfriend.  I don't really like saying Fiance. If its people we don't know or will never meet again I just say Husband. Less complicated than explaining manfriend. :)

It's funny, I'm the other way - I don't like to say "fiance," so I say boyfriend most of the time.  People probably wonder if I have a boyfriend on the side in addition to my fiance, since I have the ring. LOL

Originally Posted by passionsarcasm 

Haha! Starrysim I'm the SAME exact way. I refer to him as my boyfriend and people just give me weird looks...the way I see it..by the time I get used to referring to him as my "fiance" he will be my husband...so might as well adjust to one new title versus two lol.

BTW Bride2012 your ring is very pretty! Sucks to be away from it...

#1167 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
              • 206 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

haha @ - - > "Manfriend"!

#1168 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
                • Site Supporter
                • 252 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

Here is my engagement ring... We finally decided on a band. I am in LOVE with eternity bands and I couldn't find a band to match my e-ring so I just picked the one I liked. I will probably wear my e-ring on my right hand and just wear my band alone since they don't quite fit next to each other :) But I'm in love with my band so I'll make it work!

mms_picture(4).jpg

band.jpg

09-10-11
                  Runaway Bay, Jamaica
                  I married my best friend!

#1169 starrysim

starrysim
                  • 349 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

Love them both!  You can totally make it work - you can either alternate wearing them, or wear the e-ring on your right hand.  Are your fingers the same size on both hands?  I wish mine were - I can't even move my e-ring onto my right hand for the ceremony, it won't go on!

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 

Here is my engagement ring... We finally decided on a band. I am in LOVE with eternity bands and I couldn't find a band to match my e-ring so I just picked the one I liked. I will probably wear my e-ring on my right hand and just wear my band alone since they don't quite fit next to each other :) But I'm in love with my band so I'll make it work!

mms_picture(4).jpg

band.jpg

#1170 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
                    • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hello beautiful!!!

WOW... it's gorgeous!!! congrats...

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavenone 

Here's my Ering. Having looked at bands yet but can't wait!

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users