Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Beautiful!! I'm a little biased .. looks  a lot like mine! lol
 

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Such pretty and diverse rings, I always love peeking into this thread.

 

I've been searching for a wedding band to go with my solitaire.  I really want a very thin bands with very small diamonds, most likely half-eternity.  I just can't seem to find anything that I feel "matches" my solitaire well enough.  I'd like the two bands to look relatively uniform, even if one has diamonds and the other doesn't.  I will probably have to get it custom made.  Any suggestions for me?  I would also love to see your solitaire e-rings paired with diamond wedding bands!

 

Here's a pic of my e-ring.  I originally wanted the e-ring to have pave sidestones too, but in the end my fiance got me the solitaire (was too chicken to have a setting custom made, in case I didn't like it in the end. lol, poor men).  I fell in love with it just the way it is, but I still want some sparkle on my wedding band, in case I want to wear it on its own (to work and stuff).

 

ring-2.jpg

 

ring-5.jpg

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awww...my ring has been in the shop for WEEKS being resized...when I first got measured they said my ring size was a 7....got my ring and it was sliding all over the place!  So they resized me and it was all the way down to A 6...

 

They resized it...but it didnt pass their quality inspection so they had to RE-Send it and the waiting game continues.   Its weird cause when  i say "my fiancee" they automatically look at my ring finger....aaaannnnddd its empty thatswck.gif...then I have to go into the..."no..I have a ring but...." which doesnt sound good! LOL! 

 

But ANNNNYYYWWAAAYYY...heres my ring :)...i miss it....

 

ring1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I know exactly how you feel!!! I have been engaged for a total of 6 months and my ring has been away for about 2.5 months of those 6 in total.  I currently am without my ring for 4 weeks.  I get really tired of people saying, where is your ring if you are engaged, I started just wearing some cheap ugly thing so they wouldn't ask ha!
 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Awww...my ring has been in the shop for WEEKS being resized...when I first got measured they said my ring size was a 7....got my ring and it was sliding all over the place!  So they resized me and it was all the way down to A 6...

 

They resized it...but it didnt pass their quality inspection so they had to RE-Send it and the waiting game continues.   Its weird cause when  i say "my fiancee" they automatically look at my ring finger....aaaannnnddd its empty thatswck.gif...then I have to go into the..."no..I have a ring but...." which doesnt sound good! LOL! 

 

But ANNNNYYYWWAAAYYY...heres my ring :)...i miss it....

 

ring1.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It's very pretty, no wonder you miss it!  I would be devastated if I had to part with mine - which is why I gave strict directions that when he got me a ring, it would have to be THE real ring, and in my correct size, so I could wear it right away.  He obliged :)

 

It's funny, I'm the other way - I don't like to say "fiance," so I say boyfriend most of the time.  People probably wonder if I have a boyfriend on the side in addition to my fiance, since I have the ring. LOL
 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Awww...my ring has been in the shop for WEEKS being resized...when I first got measured they said my ring size was a 7....got my ring and it was sliding all over the place!  So they resized me and it was all the way down to A 6...

 

They resized it...but it didnt pass their quality inspection so they had to RE-Send it and the waiting game continues.   Its weird cause when  i say "my fiancee" they automatically look at my ring finger....aaaannnnddd its empty thatswck.gif...then I have to go into the..."no..I have a ring but...." which doesnt sound good! LOL! 

 

But ANNNNYYYWWAAAYYY...heres my ring :)...i miss it....

 

ring1.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So cool! I love vintage rings!

coincidentally, here's a few pics of the setting my great-grandmother chose, which was designed to do exactly what the halo does today - make the diamond (which is round-cut) look larger:

 

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5889.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bride and JayKay I TOTALLY know how you feel!!!!!  We moved up to Peterborough in April and I have ONE friend from University who lives here, well my ring was in getting some repairs for about 2 weeks but that was when I met one of my friends friends who is now my friend (confusing?!) and her running joke is that I never wear my ring! I never take my ring off so this "joke" is getting a bit much lol but she always says it!!! I was like I had no ring for 2 weeks it wasn't my fault.  I am totally with JayKay, I want to pick up an inexpensive "fakey" that looks like my ring for when it goes for inspection, cleanings and repairs lol
 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Awww...my ring has been in the shop for WEEKS being resized...when I first got measured they said my ring size was a 7....got my ring and it was sliding all over the place!  So they resized me and it was all the way down to A 6...

 

They resized it...but it didnt pass their quality inspection so they had to RE-Send it and the waiting game continues.   Its weird cause when  i say "my fiancee" they automatically look at my ring finger....aaaannnnddd its empty thatswck.gif...then I have to go into the..."no..I have a ring but...." which doesnt sound good! LOL! 

 

But ANNNNYYYWWAAAYYY...heres my ring :)...i miss it....

 

ring1.jpg



 



Originally Posted by JayKay View Post


I know exactly how you feel!!! I have been engaged for a total of 6 months and my ring has been away for about 2.5 months of those 6 in total.  I currently am without my ring for 4 weeks.  I get really tired of people saying, where is your ring if you are engaged, I started just wearing some cheap ugly thing so they wouldn't ask ha!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I totally recommend getting a fakey ring! Its the best thing I ever did, and hardly anyone can even tell the difference! Like you I never take my ring off so it just feels naked without it so its nice to be able to wear something on that finger that somewhat resembles my ering.
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Bride and JayKay I TOTALLY know how you feel!!!!!  We moved up to Peterborough in April and I have ONE friend from University who lives here, well my ring was in getting some repairs for about 2 weeks but that was when I met one of my friends friends who is now my friend (confusing?!) and her running joke is that I never wear my ring! I never take my ring off so this "joke" is getting a bit much lol but she always says it!!! I was like I had no ring for 2 weeks it wasn't my fault.  I am totally with JayKay, I want to pick up an inexpensive "fakey" that looks like my ring for when it goes for inspection, cleanings and repairs lol
 



 





 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such pretty and diverse rings, I always love peeking into this thread.

 

I've been searching for a wedding band to go with my solitaire.  I really want a very thin bands with very small diamonds, most likely half-eternity.  I just can't seem to find anything that I feel "matches" my solitaire well enough.  I'd like the two bands to look relatively uniform, even if one has diamonds and the other doesn't.  I will probably have to get it custom made.  Any suggestions for me?  I would also love to see your solitaire e-rings paired with diamond wedding bands!

 

Here's a pic of my e-ring.  I originally wanted the e-ring to have pave sidestones too, but in the end my fiance got me the solitaire (was too chicken to have a setting custom made, in case I didn't like it in the end. lol, poor men).  I fell in love with it just the way it is, but I still want some sparkle on my wedding band, in case I want to wear it on its own (to work and stuff).

 

ring-2.jpg

 

ring-5.jpg

 

 

Starrysim, I also have a six-prong round solitaire. I was having the same issue, nothing looked right with my engagement ring. My jeweler suggested prong-set diamonds on my band ( versus channel, pave, etc.) bc it would match the look of the prong-set center stone. Good luck! I hope you find something you love!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×