#51 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:26 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BillysBride
    I hate sounding like one of those typically ridiculous women who are over concerned with weight and think they should be a fence post. BUT, here's what happened.

I have a "friend"..I put that in quotes because I'm beginning to see that she has issues of her own and may not be the best person to listen to. Well, in my excitement yesterday, I sent the pics to her FIRST via email....you know what she told me? I mean..this is my VERY FIRST FEEDBACK about the wedding gown that I searched high and low for, and have been so thrilled about. She tells me...."Well, I think it will look great once you have the right UNDERGARMENTS ON."!!! Seriously. I spent about an hour trying to dissect that sentence and see if I was just not taking it in the right way, or being oversensitive. Then I spent a half hour looking at the pics and trying to figure out if I looked gross and just didn't know it. All because someone whose opinion I value(d) was basically a bitch to me.

I talked to FH, and wise man that he is, he pointed out that this person never had a "real" wedding, that she tends to seek attention in inappropriate ways (yea, she's one of those...I'll go ahead and say it..HOOCHIE) AND that her marriage hasn't exactly been anything to write home about. She is constantly saying things like "Thats why I didn't have a wedding." or "This is the reason I'm glad we kept it simple" everytime I would mention a particular obstacle in regard to my planning. I finally just told her a few weeks ago "Well, everytime I complain or worry, I'm still loving it...thats what brides do. We bitch and moan because we can but under it all, it's the coolest experience in the world and I'll be sad when AHR is over because that means the end of all my planning!"

She hasn't said much about it since.

ANYway, I am usually the most body image accepting person I know...I honestly don't get upset over not being a size 2 and never have....she just knocked my confidence for a loop being Negative Nelly with me. So I really do thank you girls so much for helping me counteract her bullshit impact on my feelings about my dress.
    I can totally see why her comment got you thinking, I'da done the same thing while cursing her under my breathe and wishing evils thoughts on her, lol. But DO NOT for one second let her nonsense comment keep you from seeing how beautiful your dress is and how it suits you so perfectly! Your FI is gonna be so ridiculously excited when he sees you in that dress

And your honey is right, her lack of a proper wedding celebration and her lackluster marriage is probably what fueled her inappropriate and unwarranted comment. Like all the other girls have said.....YOU LOOK FABULOUS IN THAT DRESS!!!!

Now send that biatch over to So Cal so I can knock some sense into her

#52 bridetobe22

bridetobe22
    • 107 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

It's breathtaking and you look fantastic!

#53 trini bride

trini bride
      • 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

Don't let that hater get you down. She obviously has some deep seated issues of her own. Your dress looks gorgeous and there is never anything better than getting a great deal!

#54 roo66

roo66
        • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Oh my gosh your dress is perfect in everyway and such a bargain.Can i ask did you get import duty tax added.Ive seen so many dresses i like but over here we pay in pounds what you would pay in dollors.Here for instance a gown i like costs 1600 pounds in the us its 1600 dollors so on a good day almost half.You id very well to get yours at that price.Its a shame your friend treated you so shabilly try to ignore her comments or b as quick back sometimes playing thre shock tactic works.we cant wait now for the b4 and after alterration pics hope you dont tease us for as long though.xx im sure harty will have some great tip to sort your friend out lol.xxxx

#55 milejilo

milejilo
          • 313 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:25 PM

stunning dress!!! and it looks amazing on you...

#56 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

Your dress is gorgeous and you look amazing! That chick you sent the email to is nuts. lol Seriously, it looks gorgeous on you.
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#57 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
              • 672 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

Looks great on you! I love the beaded train

#58 BillysBride

BillysBride
                • 1,255 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by roo66
                  Oh my gosh your dress is perfect in everyway and such a bargain.Can i ask did you get import duty tax added.Ive seen so many dresses i like but over here we pay in pounds what you would pay in dollors.Here for instance a gown i like costs 1600 pounds in the us its 1600 dollors so on a good day almost half.You id very well to get yours at that price.Its a shame your friend treated you so shabilly try to ignore her comments or b as quick back sometimes playing thre shock tactic works.we cant wait now for the b4 and after alterration pics hope you dont tease us for as long though.xx im sure harty will have some great tip to sort your friend out lol.xxxx
                  I think I see what you're saying.

No duty tax or anything...with the shipping, the total came to 204GBP. LUCKILY, she took PayPal, and Paypal actually converts the currencies for you. The dress itself was 149GBP and 55GBP shipping. My total US was $369.67US with the conversion rate that day. The gown retails for between $1300-1399.

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words...it's made me feel so good reading your responses, and I am now confident I made the right choice and can "pull it off" nicely. I'll definitelly post the before/after pics..sending it to the seamstress tomorrow, and she said she should be able to finish it befor the holidays start!
                  Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#59 cdc0427

cdc0427
                  • 330 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

You look very pretty in the dress. You look so nice that I didn't even notice your hair or the fact that you were holding the dress in the back. My eyes went straight to your dress. Girl you are wearing it, even if it's not laced up all the way. Your friend is indeed a hater. Don't you just hate those kinds? You don't even need to get the altering at the neckline. It looks great!!

#60 aimee!

aimee!
                    • 696 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

oh i just love it.

fat? NO WAY! it is absolutely breath taking. :)
                      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users