Walking Down the aisle....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Destination08

• 47 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Ok Music wise...Do we provide a CD for that if we would like something special? Do they already have music for that?

What is the scoop?

Is the steel drum band really 350.00 for an hour?

#2 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

I had the same question and I've done quite a few searches and can't seem to find an answer. I'm guessing they same things would apply to Riu MB

#3 Ellipse22

• 584 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

I don't have any guests coming other than the 6 of us that are a part of the wedding party.

I have an iPod and a docking station. I've downloaded songs I want for the ceremony and about 15 steel drum songs to play during pics etc.

I have also burned a CD just in case. ROR will provide a CD player if you choose to not go with the steel drum band.

#4 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

I am at a different resort in Montego Bay and the steel band is $350 an hour as well if that helps

#5 DLyteful

• 879 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

I provided a cd w/ music while the guests waited AND the WC provided the song I walked down the isle too. Really anything you want will go.

#6 Scott-Pierre

• 456 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Several brides have mentioned bringing a CD with the songs they wanted burned onto it. A few of them even said the WC handled that for them during the ceremony. I plan on doing the same thing.

#7 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

Thank you very much!

#8 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

Hey MontegoBay09,

Here is the music info as quoted from Keneika (WC - RIU- Mo Bay):

The actual ceremony with the Minister
                  last for about 15-20 minutes however, you will need a CD with
                  approximately 10 songs just in case however all the songs won't be
                  played out especially for the processional. We will have someone to
                  direct the music as per your instruction. You are only given one
                  microphone at the ceremony.

#9 sally

• 302 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:55 AM

I watched wediings with the steel band and with CD's whilst I was on my site visit @ROR and I think the CD was more effective and I would have the steel band for whilst your having pics taken to keep everyone entertained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users