Ipod and speakers at Dreams

Hey ladies, I was wondering if any Dreams brides have used the ipod and speakers at the resort? I wanted to see if they were high quality and if they projected sound well. I was trying to cut my budget a bit and skip the DJ. If anyone has any thoughts let me know! Thanks so much

We rented the speakers and mic and hooked up our ipod. The sound was great and we had no problems what so ever. It was $200 for the night. We only had 24 people so I didn't feel that we needed to hire a DJ. We made 2 playlists, one to be played during dinner (mostly love songs) and then we made a playlist of dance music.

Yeah I got married at Dreams too. For the ceremony we had the mariachi band. They played "Here comes the bride" when I walked out and played during coctail hour too. If you are getting one the wedding packages it will be included. I got the Ultimate package. Are you using a package or booking everything seperately?

We are using the Ultimate package also. Yarai, said I could create a playlist for the ceremony too, so I may do that. Then during the cocktail hour the trio can play. Totally off the subject but since you used the ultimate package, I was hoping you could help me with a few other things.

*what cake did you use?

*What items did you choose for your menu? I wanted to do filet and lobster but I have heard good things and bad things about it.

*I have also heard that the salon at Dreams was pretty bad. Did you use them?

Thanks so much Kristen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristendotcom View Post
We rented the speakers and mic and hooked up our ipod. The sound was great and we had no problems what so ever. It was $200 for the night. We only had 24 people so I didn't feel that we needed to hire a DJ. We made 2 playlists, one to be played during dinner (mostly love songs) and then we made a playlist of dance music.
This is exactly what we did. It worked out perfectly. We had a dinner and a dancing playlist which was perfect. Acutally most of our friends brought their ipods down during the dancing part and we just switched out the ipods and played from everyone's. IT was really fun. PLus the sounds quality was perfect, we were on the oceana terrace so it was small enough that the speakers were perfect.

We decided to do this as well. After talking to a few people it makes the most sense.

We decided to do it after attending a friends' wedding this past september. She had a live band, over 300 ppl and a huge hall, and honestly the best music...the songs everyone loved...were played on an ipod. The bad was ok, but no one cared they were there. So I figure that for a wedding of under 40 ppl its a waste of money to pay a dj :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics