Sign in to follow this  
~*Kathy*~

Wedding Band Prices

I see it both ways..but now that I'm this far into it, I've begun to think in more practical terms. Yea, I have to look at the thing for the rest of my life...but expensive doesn't always equal "love it" to me. I found a band to match my e-ring (after much extensive searching) for just under $500. His ring is just under three, so we're getting both for less than a thousand and that makes sense to me. We have a budget and still have to live after this extraveganza, and in the long term, there will likely be anniversay bands and all in my future.

I still love my wedding band..and if I wear it forever, I'll be happy. I think it would have taken something away from it for ME to be looking at the thing my wedding day and thinking "Damn, this was too expensive." lol But thats just me, and again..I've become pretty practical lately.

I totally agree with you. I have a friend who was so angry when she got engaged because she didn't get a "big enough rock" from her future hubby. She plans on upgrading it when they have more money. I couldn't imagine "upgrading" your ring. One of Francis' co-worker's wife has already gotten her ring upgraded twice, now she is hoping that she can do it once more to reach the type of ring that she actually wants.

On the other hand, I can see getting rings altered to met requirements. My mom is getting her ring re-made, because they got married in the 1970s and it's one of those really tall solitarie ones. Well, she is a nurse and has never worn her e-ring at work, therefore, when she goes out, she forgets to put it on too. So, she is getting the diamond set into the ring so that it doesn't stick out.

Kevsgirl- here is the link to my rings: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...137#post574307

~~

Thanks for your thoughts ladies. I didn't really have a budget in mind for the one I wanted, I would have been totally thrilled if it was less than $1000, I just wish I had bargained with that guy more lol Lesson learned I guess! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather007 View Post
I totally agree with you. I have a friend who was so angry when she got engaged because she didn't get a "big enough rock" from her future hubby. She plans on upgrading it when they have more money. I couldn't imagine "upgrading" your ring.
I know... my FI's ex-wife did that. She got him to remake it several times to add diamonds to it. He was so relieved when I liked what I picked and feel that I will always be happy with it! Mind you, what he may not realize is that I am always open to receiving diamonds of other kinds, like other rings, earrings, necklaces, etc. blush2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather007 View Post
Kevsgirl- here is the link to my rings: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...137#post574307

~~
Wow! Thanks for sharing! Those are gorgeous. I love your e-ring. It may be $$$, but it's unassuming and very streamlined. I like how the centre diamond sits low, but is visible on the sides. And I really like your FI's ring - my FI's ring also has that brushed satin look. muscle.gif

I think the planets must have been aligned or something, because my FI didn't put up a fight when I tried on two wedding bands with my ering. He went so far as to mention how sharp it looked and that it looked a lot better with the two rather than just the one along side my very simple solitaire ering. (He even told his parents how nice it looked) The retail price for the bands are $500 each, crafted out of 14k white gold, however FI has history with the jeweler and he always seems to cut an incredible deal.

Platinum is fetching too high of price at this time for me to rationalize going that route. I'm just as content with white gold and for half the price.

As far as the FI's ring goes, he's decided that he preferred a titanium over gold... so his ring is only running $80.

My e-ring is very oddly shaped so I will definitely need a custom ring made. But we are about to close our first house, then we have Christmas, then we have the wedding (all in two months!) so we don't really have the $$ for the kind of ring that I want!! I think what I'm going to do is get a nice simple band for now, & put my ering on the other hand until we can afford to get the custom band I want!!

I'm always up for other diamonds too!!!! That's so cool that both of our fiance's have the same type of rings. Men are so easy to please!!!!

~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsgirl View Post
I know... my FI's ex-wife did that. She got him to remake it several times to add diamonds to it. He was so relieved when I liked what I picked and feel that I will always be happy with it! Mind you, what he may not realize is that I am always open to receiving diamonds of other kinds, like other rings, earrings, necklaces, etc. blush2.gif

Wow! Thanks for sharing! Those are gorgeous. I love your e-ring. It may be $$$, but it's unassuming and very streamlined. I like how the centre diamond sits low, but is visible on the sides. And I really like your FI's ring - my FI's ring also has that brushed satin look. muscle.gif

Hah- my e-ring was $1K and my band that looks great with the ring is $360 (1/4 carat). I'm not a big fan of jewelry, and we figured we'd spend the money on a house downpayment instead of rings. FI wants a titanium and platinum (possibly) band, which will run us around $350, so neither of us is particularly big on high end jewelry! I'm sure your ring will be gorgeous- I hope your FI decides the price is worth it!