katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

i'm jealous! have fun!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tcram
      I want to go to Belize really bad! I'm trying to see if it would be an option for our honeymoon, leave Cancun and go to Belize for the second week but I have to try to find out how to do that. Plus I'm not sure where in Belize we should even look at. Have a great time!
      that;s exactly what i did. here's my review with how i went from mex to belize. - http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t27313 let me know if you have any questions.

#13 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
        Belize sounds so tropical. Have a great time! BTW i'll have to send you some pics of my bms wearing the barefoot sandals you made them after my wedding.
        Yes, please do!!! WOW you only have a 2 weeks- let the countdown begin!
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#14 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
        • Banned
        • 494 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

I would love any information you have.

We are trying to book our honeymoon there this week and can't decide on where to stay.

We love Victoria HOuse, but it is double the cost of anywhere else.
          Do you have any suggestions?

Any feedback on where to stay, eat, company to dive with and any other advise.

Best
          kathy

#15 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

I love Belize! I have been a ton! You are going to have a wonderful trip!! Have fun

#16 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by K&Rwedding
              I would love any information you have.

We are trying to book our honeymoon there this week and can't decide on where to stay.

We love Victoria HOuse, but it is double the cost of anywhere else.
              Do you have any suggestions?

Any feedback on where to stay, eat, company to dive with and any other advise.

Best
              kathy
              Hi Kathy,
              We stayed at Caye Chapel, which is a private island and resort off the coast of Belize. The island is really nice and the staff was always pleasant. Here is the good and bad...

Good: very laid back, good food, don't need cash for anything on the island, short boat ride to Caye Caulker or Ambergis Caye, unlimited free golf, kayaking, tennis, beautiful scenery

Bad: expensive- there is only one place to eat on the island. breakfast is $10, lunch is $20, and dinner is $50. Food was good, but not always that good.
              There are crocodiles in the lakes, they don't bother you but it's mkaes you a little nervous to be out at night, everytime you leave the island you have to pay for a water taxi or flight.

We ate dinner one night on Caye Caulker at place called Agave, it was delicous! Highly recommend it!

Here are some pics:
              club house, spa, restaurant
              Click the image to open in full size.

Casita where we stayed:

See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#17 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
              • Banned
              • 494 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

Thank you. It looks amazing. I think we are going to do Victoria House and then move into a different resort for the rest of our time. VH has a wedding so we can't stay there the entire time.
                Thank you for the info.

I will also check out your esty.com store.

bEst
                Kathy

#18 ny-bze

ny-bze
                • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

Hi Kathy,

A co-worker of mine just got back from Belize. She stayed at all three of the Coppola resorts (Turtle Inn in Placencia, Blancaneaux in the jungle as well as the one in Guatemala). She loved all of them! And especially raved about Blancaneux. Depending how long you're going to be there - you could split your trip between Ambergris and a place on the mainland perhaps (get a bit of both the beach and the jungle)?

Our wedding will be at Las Terrazas in the north (the week before you'll be there). It's really nice, but new, so there aren't really any reviews yet.

I'm planning to come by the NY happy hour tomorrow, so would be happy to chat more about Belize.

~Jamie

#19 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
                  • Banned
                  • 494 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Jamie-

Thanks for the info. We actually decided to do the Tides in PDC for our honeymoon and then go to Belize after rainy season for 4 nights. I am so excited to meet you tomorrow. I will get to the happy hour around 5:30ish. See you tomorrow.

Cheers
                    Kathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users