AllTourNative -- Reviews, Tips, Photos

AllTourNative Alltournative - Off Track Adventures

Hi all, this looks like a great tour company. I think a few BDW brides have gone on one of their excursions and really liked it. Would you mind posting a review of your tour and some pictures?

The FI and I are honeymooning in Mexico, and I'm really excited about exploring the RM!

I went on the zipline, cenote & kyaking adventure with them. The guides were fantastic very courteous & professional. Unfortunately due to the nature of the tour I don't have any photo's- they do take some of you while your ziplining but I had chickened out!

I've had clients use them and they enjoyed their tour also!

Hi,

If you're looking for just the two of you or a small group I would recommend Edventures. We used him in this past May and it was one of the best days of our week there!!

They have a reputation for catering to what you want to do and proceed at your pace, you call the shots. Which we really liked, you're not tied down to a schedule.

PM me if you need contact info.

• 8 months later...

We just got back from our honeymoon and went on the Mayan encounter with Alltournative. It was great! They give back to the community so it is sustainable tourism which is great to know you are supporting the Mayan community you visit. During the trip, we hiked, swam in a cenote, kayaked, ziplined, rappelled, ate a traditional Mayan lunch, and hiked the pyramid at Coba. It was enjoyable and is a small group (10 people and your guide) so you are not on a huge tour bus. Note- you can't wear bug spray or sunscreen to swim in the cenote and you take a shower to rinse it off but it would be better to wait until after that part to apply it since they use that water for drinking, etc. But, apply tons of bug spray later because there are bugs out there. We had a blast and ended up buying the pics because it also helps support the community ($40 for disc plus other scenic shots- FI thought that was a lot but I thought of it as a donation and it's way cheaper than what they charge for the dolphin swim pics!!). Check it out if you want a smaller tour that keeps you busy for the day and enjoy outdoor activities!!

Hi! I got engaged in Mexico in April at the RPRM and we went on the jungle adventure which was basically kayaking, snorkling...and then traveling off road in special vehicles to swim in the cenotes...it was a long day but it was a lot of fun. the guides were good. The only thing I didn't like was that you drive to this main 'store', before you start the trip and then again after so that you can see the pictures they've taken because they want you to buy some and buy form the gift shop. However...the stop prior to the excursion beginning was really annoying. All in all, it was good.

Sounds like a nice activity to offer to guests and get in touch with the area. They have discounts on the website but I probably wouldn't want to book ahead of time just in case we fill our time doing other things. Did they offer any discounts for booking at the resort??

I forgot that I started this thread!

We signed up for the Mayan Encounter tour online. Call ahead to ask for promotions. They had a couple for certain days of the week, but we had plans. On our trip, there were 8 visitors and 1 tour guide. After traveling with a huge group to Chichen Itza the previous day with another company, this smaller group was a nice change of pace. The 10 passenger van picked us up right on time and we were on our way. The van was fine, but my only problem was that the last row of seats did not get as much a/c.

Our first stop was the Alltournative store. There, we had some coffee, cookies, went to the restroom, etc. We talked a little bit about our trip. We were just there briefly, and I didn't see the point in stopping there. Not a big deal though.

Coba. Our guide there was very informative. We had plenty of time to hike (you can also take a bike taxi or ride a bike) over to the ruin and climb it. There was plenty of complimentary water when we returned to the van.

Mayan village. I enjoyed our ride through the village looking at houses and such. Our guide told us about how the village developed and about the daily life of a Mayan.

Cenote. A cultural leader did a blessing ceremony before we went into the centoe - very neat! This was a closed cenote which is underground and very different from Ik-Hil, the one we visited the day before. Both very different yet cool experiences!

Rappelling. If you like rappelling or look forward to lengthy rappel down, you'll be disappointed. It was an incredibly short trip down to the bottom and over before I knew it. Eh.

Zip-line. This was a lot of fun. We went once across this area with tons of trees.

Lunch. It was very good! There was veggie soup, chicken dish, rice, beans, etc.

Kayaking. We kayaked from this pond back to where our van was located. The water was calm. There wasn't much to see, but it a relaxing trip.

Back to the Alltournative store. We ended the day with a round of tequila shots. They took pictures throughout the trip and had them for sale. We bought one :) Figured it was a good cause! There wasn't any pressure to purchase any though. We took a few pictures through out the trip and the guide was fine with it.

Overall, I would definitely take another tour from this company even though it seems to be more expensive compared other companies out there. I liked the small group, fun and informative guide, professional operation and the fact that the zip-line, rappelling, etc had safe equipment and that they checked everything. We talked to a couple who had two previous excursions with Alltournative and they enjoyed those also.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrot View Post
Hi! I got engaged in Mexico in April at the RPRM and we went on the jungle adventure which was basically kayaking, snorkling...and then traveling off road in special vehicles to swim in the cenotes...it was a long day but it was a lot of fun. the guides were good. The only thing I didn't like was that you drive to this main 'store', before you start the trip and then again after so that you can see the pictures they've taken because they want you to buy some and buy form the gift shop. However...the stop prior to the excursion beginning was really annoying. All in all, it was good.
Yep, this is basically exactly how I felt about it and I did the exact same stuff as you. The side trips to the shop, especially en route to kayaking/snorkelling was irritating and it was a 1.5 hr drive from the Iberostar, so we just wanted to get there already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~ View Post
Yep, this is basically exactly how I felt about it and I did the exact same stuff as you. The side trips to the shop, especially en route to kayaking/snorkelling was irritating and it was a 1.5 hr drive from the Iberostar, so we just wanted to get there already!!
Yeah! It was really annoying! There is absolutely no reason to stop on the way to the activity! I was frustrated and thats what turns me off from excursions!