Photo

HELP! I need the correct address!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

I've sent Chandlyn an email about the address to use in which to send my documentation.

She gave me the address but I am now told that Fedex can't ship for me because the address is incomplete.

Does anyone have the address to the WC at ROR? I just want tosee what it is that I am missing. I need to send these documents but I'm not having much luck hearing back from Chandlyn.

HELP!

Ohh also...Fedex is expensive! The cheapest I have found is $75 to ship from Canada. Anyone have any suggestions?!?!?!?!

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

This is the information that I had, which was from Chandlyn:

Riu Ocho Rios
      Mammee Bay, St. Ann’s Bay
      St Ann
      JAMAICA

We sent ours through the Post Office. I think I sent it Priority Mail & made sure that I got a tracking number & signature confirmation.
      As a backup, I'd send her copies of the documents via email and let her know that you also sent them via mail.

Oh, I'd also put Attention: Chandlyn Edwards, on the envelope just in case!

#3 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
      • 584 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

Thanks!

That is the address I have. For some reason the post office here (I am actually a supervisor in our parcel delivery department) is telling me that I can't ship with our new service priority worldwide. I'm going to try again and find another service I can use.

How long did it take for the documents arrive?

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

I'm thinking that it didnt take anymore than 2 weeks max. The day I sent them, which was like 3/8, I sent her an email telling her that I sent the info & she told me she'd notify me when she received them. When I didn't hear from her within the next week, I sent another email & she didn't respond until 3/21. I think she had them long before she actually responded.

I just pulled this address off of their website. Maybe your Post Office will take this one instead:
          Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

If your wedding is performed at the RIU Ocho Rios, please send the documents to the following address:

* RIU Ocho Rios
          Mammee Bay P.O.
          Ocho Rios
          St. Ann
          JAMAICA

In attention to Chandlyn Edwards, the on-site wedding coordinator.

#5 J&M

J&M
          • 173 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ellipse22
            Thanks!

That is the address I have. For some reason the post office here (I am actually a supervisor in our parcel delivery department) is telling me that I can't ship with our new service priority worldwide. I'm going to try again and find another service I can use.

How long did it take for the documents arrive?
            Hi

We sent ours regular mail (my mom works at the Post Office too :)

It took only 2 weeks to arrive and I sent Chandlyn an email when i sent it to let me know when it arrived...I think you're okay if it's not there the full 30 days before

#6 GregsBride

GregsBride
            • 333 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

If you still wanted to use a faster option, I've shipped items overnight to Jamaica using DHL and it cost me about $50. Depending on what time the item was picked up from me the package was received one or two days later. Either way it was faster than a couple weeks. Hope this helps...

Christina
              ~Christina

#7 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
              • 584 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:50 AM

I'm heading back to the post office today to see what other services I can use.

I'm not about to spend $50+ to send these documents..it cost over $100 to get them notarized as it is.

Ugh...I just don't want to spend anymore money lol

#8 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                • 215 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:04 AM

We sent our documents via registered mail from Calgary. I have no idea how long it took because Chandlyn didn't let me know when they arrived. They did however arrive safely. The total cost, including the envelope was about $20.

#9 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                  • 584 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

I sent the documents today.

My main concern was getting a tracking number. I paid $35 to ship it as an international parcel. I just hope it gets there in time!

Thanks for the help ladies! 30 days till take off!

#10 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                    • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

Best of Luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users