Need to vent --- why did I even invite my ex-friend?

Myen

My old friend and I had a huge falling out a couple of years ago. We have one mutual friend and only see each other at the occasional function and I'll run into her and briefly chat with her on the train every so often.

Anyway, I thought it would be a good gesture to send her and her family an invitation as we had basically grown up together.

I had run into her on the train and gave her a heads up that I planned to get in touch with her to drop off an invitation. Well, later that week I call her house and the conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Hi, its Myen. I was just wondering if you were going to be home for the next little while as I plan on dropping off an invite for you & your parents.

Her: Well, uh.... ah.... um.... I'm right in the middle of something. Can you just leave it in the mailbox?

Anyway, I was really put off by that, but I did leave it in the mailbox.

She lives 5 mins away and I immediatly get home and notice on the our website under RSVP, that she indicated that she was not going to attend and the attached comment was "No"

I thought the least she could do was wish us well or something like sorry I can't make it, but a simple 'No'

She is just coming of as being rude about the whole thing.

Ugh. I'm done with her!

I'm not sure why you're upset to be honest. You said yourself you hardly see her or have anything to do with her. Maybe she feels the same way.

I know people are annoying but they are that in general just think cool one less to worry about and forget it. It's worse if its a really good friend chick

You were being the bigger person, by moving foward and inviting her. I know you feel like she should have given you more than a "no" since you took the bigger step toward forgiving and making the gesture of friendship. But obviously she cant appreciate that so I say just move on and be happy you were the bigger person. Now you know that she's not worth going out of your way for or doing anything more that saying hi on the train.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics