Suit or No Suit

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

jcrew has tan linen suits. I got one for FI, but we returned it because he didn't like it when it came in. He said it was shiny. I think linen usually has a little bit of a sheen to it, but I could be wrong. Anyway, we're still looking, he's driving me crazy!

#22 laura b

laura b
    • 334 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:38 AM

The FH and I found his tan linen suit at a Banana Republic outlet, it's beautiful. I've also seen them at Macy's and Perry Ellis, and they all seem to be on sale now. I'd snag one now before everyone grabs them for Easter.
      We also got a fabulous shirt for him at Macy's, it's Kenneth Cole, soft white cotten with cream flowers stitched on it, this one is very similar:

#23 lambert13

• 901 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by LALA
        I have a suit shirt question...

My FI is wearing the tan Banana Republic suit and he said today he doesn't want to wear a tie. Our colors are red and blue. Would it be better to have the tan suit, a light blue shirt and a red flower or a white shirt and red flower?
        The white would show less sweat which would be way better - but the blue is our color.
        I agree with Anny, the white would be more classic and clean looking. I think a tan jacket, blue shirt and red flower might look too busy.

#24 lambert13

• 901 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by jilly76
          he told me after the ceremony he thinks he might change into a guayaberry shirt and capris, I'm like did you just say you were going to wear capris?? He said yes, its okay for me to wear capris in mexico, I have no idea what he is talking about, lol!
          The hotels I have stayed at down there always had a large amount of European guests. Most of the men wore capri length shorts in the evening or when they were out and about. I don't think he would look out of place at all.

#25 laura b

laura b
          • 334 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

Word up on the capris. I see them all over in Mexico and they're very sexy on the mens. I tried to talk the FH into getting some, but he's not biting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users