Photo

Suit or No Suit

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

My FI is wearing a tan suit as well, I told him it was okay if he just wore a white shirt & tan pants, but he thinks he won't be dressed up enough for me & my dress. But I think he'll wear the shirt untucked and no tie, so still sort of casual, we'll see. he told me after the ceremony he thinks he might change into a guayaberry shirt and capris, I'm like did you just say you were going to wear capris?? He said yes, its okay for me to wear capris in mexico, I have no idea what he is talking about, lol!

#12 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

I think we're going to do the tan linen suit with white linen shirt and no tie too (like so many others). I imagine that after the ceremony and the pics he'll ditch the jacket...
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#13 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

I love the way the tan linen suits look, but Aarons not thrilled about the idea. I think the khakis and white (or w/e colour) shirt looks good too though. I think rules can be easily bent in a DW, might as well have fun with it!!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#14 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:02 AM

FI is wearing a tan suit, white shirt and light blue tie.. I told him tie isn't necessary but he really wants to use it..

#15 leigh miller

leigh miller
          • 936 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:36 AM

i like a suit. i think the tan and white ones look so nice for beach weddings. a light cotton or linen. my husband wore a tan light weight cotton. it was kenneth cole. we got it at macys.

heres olis white linen banana republic suit.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#16 Mishi

Mishi
            • 224 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
            • LocationVolcano, HI

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

I fought this too, suit or no suit. In the end my FI loved the idea of linen pants, a white linen shirt and all of us barefoot, so thats what we are doing. I found a great website for island clothes. Beach Wedding Attire: Drawstring Linen Pants, Cotton & Linen Shirts, Shorts for Men & Women - Island Importer

#17 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

I have a suit shirt question...

My FI is wearing the tan Banana Republic suit and he said today he doesn't want to wear a tie. Our colors are red and blue. Would it be better to have the tan suit, a light blue shirt and a red flower or a white shirt and red flower?
              The white would show less sweat which would be way better - but the blue is our color.

#18 Jessica

Jessica
              • VIP Member
              • 11,939 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:47 AM

my fi is insisting on wearing a suit even though i'm afraid he's going to be a sweaty mess!

#19 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:09 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LALA
                  I have a suit shirt question...

My FI is wearing the tan Banana Republic suit and he said today he doesn't want to wear a tie. Our colors are red and blue. Would it be better to have the tan suit, a light blue shirt and a red flower or a white shirt and red flower?
                  The white would show less sweat which would be way better - but the blue is our color.
                  FI will use white, I think it's more classic

#20 DEE1978

DEE1978
                  • 134 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

My FI insists on wearing a suit too! I told him I want him to be comfortable but he insists on wanting to looking good (love him). We bought a tan suits from Jcrew last year that would be great but he wants something new for the wedding. Where can I buy a linen suit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users