Photo

Suit or No Suit

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SPRINGBRIDE

SPRINGBRIDE
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

How many of your FH's are wearing suit's (or jackets) for the ceremony? My finace isn't to big on the idea, he thinks he'll get to hot and uncomfortable.

#2 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

My husband wore a jacket for the ceremony and took it off for the rest of the night. He did not wear a tie or tuck in his shirt though, so he still looked quite casual.

What is the temperature going to be for your wedding?

#3 NATASHA

NATASHA
      • 646 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

My husband looked fabulous in his suit. So glad he chose it. He did not wear a tie and when we were done with pictures he took off his jacket.

The ceremony was 7 minutes and we had beach umbrellas put out over everyone (including us) so it was cooler.
        Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

I tried to convince Cain to wear a suit Jacket but I had no luck. So he's not wearing one. I was a little worried if with my wedding dress if I would be too over dressed for him, but you know what, it's a DW so anything goes. And I've seen a ton of pictures where the groom takes off his jacket for some of the pictures and it still looks good. So I'm not worried.

#5 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

Mine is wearing a light cotton suit. He will take the jacket off as soon as the ceremony is done.

#6 lambert13

lambert13
            • 901 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I am wearing a light linen suit for our ceremony. At first I wanted to wear a short sleeve shirt and pants for the ceremony, but it gradually morphed into a suit. One suggestion is to bring a suit along with you just in case he feels like wearing it. I dont plan on wearing a tie right now, but I am still bringing one just in case.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

Paul plans on wearing a long sleeve shirt, and pants - no jacket. He may change his mind, but right now - no suit. I am sure I will be sweating myself, I sure wouldn't want a jacket on!

#8 SusanK

SusanK
                • VIP Member
                • 2,685 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

I think my FI and his GM are going to wear light-weight, tan-color suits, with no tie. I love this look for a DW. Most ceremonies are on the short side, and they won't have to be in the jacket for long. Plus, having your skin covered up actually keeps you cooler...especially in a light color. Hence, many outdoor laborers wear white, long sleeve shirts.
                  Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#9 BayBug

BayBug
                  • 852 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:52 PM

Tim is wearing a suit. I told him that he could wear a nice button down shirt with shorts, but he insisted on wearing a suit. You is so cute. It is going to be super hot in Costa Rica. We are going during the rainy/humid season. I hope he take it.
                    Angie

#10 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                    • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

My FI will wear a tan jacket and slacks with a short sleave tommy bahama style shirt underneath. If he is super sweaty/uncomfortable before the ceremony, maybe he won't wear it. We'll see. The Groomsmen will wear matching slacks and shirt to FI, but no jackets.
                      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users