Just back from Grand Palladium *PICS*

Click the image to open in full size.

wedding set up on beach (sorry I don't know how to make the pics smaller)

blue lagoon restaurant is on the bottom floor...infinty bar with live music every night is on the top deck

on the top of this cliff is where the garden wedding gazebo is going to be located...as of now it is still dirt and they have not changed anything since Petals was there.

After staying here this past week I decided to have my wedding somewhere else. It is beautiful and I am sure it will be great for some, but it is not what I am looking for. Charmanie said they do 4 weddings a day and they are booking up fast. I would perfer to have more attention than that in order not to be stressed out. They actually had their first wedding there this week and my finance talked to the bride and she was very happy with everything. It is just not for us. Even the "private" reception is still in the restaurant with everyone else, just in a seperate part but it's not walled off. The hotel also had some issues with our toilet being broken and they moved our room and then in our new room the shower was broken. I just don't want my guests to have to deal with that...I'm sure it was a fluke but I took it as a sign. Other than that we had a GREAT time. The food is awesome, drinks are strong and so good, the staff is so friendly and it is a very fun resort!!!

Thanks for posting... it's going to be our wedding locale, so hopefullly those mishaps were just unfortunate events.

When you say that the BL restaurant would still be with all other guests, would you skip paying the $300 for a "private" location and just go with the Poseidon?

What was the entertainment like in the infinity bar? Should we skip paying the $900 for a DJ and just head upstairs?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles8300 View Post
on the top of this cliff is where the garden wedding gazebo is going to be located...as of now it is still dirt and they have not changed anything since Petals was there.
Great pics! I can't believe they still haven't put in the gazebo! lol Good thing I've got till May...

Quote:
Even the "private" reception is still in the restaurant with everyone else, just in a seperate part but it's not walled off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline View Post
When you say that the BL restaurant would still be with all other guests, would you skip paying the $300 for a "private" location and just go with the Poseidon?
I wonder if that's just for Poseidon. Because Blue Lagoon is only open for breakfast and lunch... so if you reserve it for your private dinner reception, you have it to yourself.

Quote:
What was the entertainment like in the infinity bar? Should we skip paying the $900 for a DJ and just head upstairs?!
I was thinking about that too, but I wasn't sure what Infinity had on Saturday nights... When I was there, one night they had the reggae band and another night they had the steel drum band.

Quote:
The hotel also had some issues with our toilet being broken and they moved our room and then in our new room the shower was broken. I just don't want my guests to have to deal with that...I'm sure it was a fluke but I took it as a sign.
That sucks... sorry it didn't work out for you & I hope they fix that stuff by next year!

Quote:
Thanks for posting... it's going to be our wedding locale, so hopefullly those mishaps were just unfortunate events.

No, if it is for dinner it will be closed to other guests. Yes, if it is at 4pm or eariler. When we were there, they had an afternoon reception and it was just off to the side but people were still there eating all around them!!! At night you will be fine.

I totally would skip the DJ!! We went upstairs for the live music every night and it was AWESOME! The area can hold TONS of people so even if you had a wedding of up to 60 guests I would say you would have your own space for seating and have plenty of room on the dance floor even with the other guests. While we were there, hotel Mgnt from Spain was visiting and during the live music they always had servers doing cocktail service for just their group. Maybe you could work something like this out for your guests as a special touch. The bands were all amazing!! At home these bands would cost THOUSANDS to perform at your wedding!!! They played everything from Bob Marley (obvi), Akon, Sean Paul and even some slow love songs that we all slow danced to as well. Honestly the live music at the Infinity Bar was the highlight of our trip...I don't think it starts until 10pm though sad.gif Maybe it could be like an afterparty! The bartenders at that bar are SO MUCH FUN & really work the crowd with bottle tricks, dancing, singing, and lighting the bar on fire! Here is a pic of one of them on one of our nights at the Infinity Bar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by divadivine25 View Post
So where are you looking now? Any other resorts stand out?
We did a tour of Moon Dance Villas and Moon Dance Cliffs (Which was still a construction site at the time!) and we fell in love with both of those. Moon Dance Villas was my 1st choice from the start but we felt it was to expensive. Now, I am not so sure. I just want my wedding to be perfect and I really think it would be worth the money do do it at Moon Dance!! We are in the process of figuring out the $$ situation right now. I will keep you girls posted on our final choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnyhun921 View Post
Not to be in your business. But what did it not have that your were looking for?
Mainly the rooms having all of those issues was our biggest concern. I know some of the people that will be traveing with us are so picky (including my parents) and I just took it as a sign. Also, I really wanted a resort that had a more personal touch to the weddings and does not do so many per day. It is an AMAZING resort and if you don't mind not being the only bride then it really would be perfect!