Photo

On Location Photography

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:54 PM

Ya, Fuller Edge jumped out at me. I just e-mailed them.

I just got a quote back from someone else - $325 for the first hour $150 every hour after that, she hasn't told me how many prints are included. Is that a lot?
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 leigh miller

leigh miller
    • 936 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

hey courtney - also check out Wedding Photojournalist Association® | WPJA® | Wedding Photojournalism Photos and Wedding Photographers Resources | Reportage and Candid and [AG]WPJA: Artistic Wedding Photojournalism : Fine Art Wedding Photography

if they are good it doesnt sound like a lot to me. whats included though? thats something you need to know. i have been really underpriced with my ES and am getting ready to raise them. mine will be a minimum of $500.

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

Honestly I'd say that's about right. Well that's what I would have expected to pay. Did you see the pic in one of those links, where it showed the bottom of the grooms shoes that said "he/lp"

#14 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
        • Banned
        • 386 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

Those prices sound very fair. If you want some really nice, candid shots - try to plan something that you normally do together - or something that you would like to do together. Then you can have your photographer be "paparazzi!"

When I do a get to know you session, I send them a questionnaire to complete and I think of an idea and plan a "mini date" for them. If you want to email me, I will be happy to send you a copy of the questionnaire I use. It might help you think of some ideas for what you might want to do.

:)

#15 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:01 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jillhigginsphotography
            Those prices sound very fair. If you want some really nice, candid shots - try to plan something that you normally do together - or something that you would like to do together. Then you can have your photographer be "paparazzi!"

When I do a get to know you session, I send them a questionnaire to complete and I think of an idea and plan a "mini date" for them. If you want to email me, I will be happy to send you a copy of the questionnaire I use. It might help you think of some ideas for what you might want to do.

:)
            What an awesome idea!! Why can't you be located in Calgary... it'd make my decision a lot easier! Ya - I'll send an e-mail your way. Thanks!

#16 Tait Weddings

Tait Weddings
            • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:04 AM

I like to call this type of work Lifestyle sessions, so you may want to search for a photographer with that term. Also you may find photographers who can do this as an engagement session.

Some nice places to go for your shoot may be the spot of your first kiss, your first date, or where he proposed. It's nice to be somewhere special where memories come back and you can re-live the special moments.

#17 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

This is getting really frustrating!!! I've gotten in contact with several photographers - all of whom responded quickly to my first e-mails or phone calls, but when I try to follow up I don't hear back anymore! Most recently, I contacted Fuller Edge Photography - the one that I found via this thread, and it's almost two weeks since the last time I've heard from them.

1) Is this common not to hear back? I called or emailed and was enthusiastic, and mentioned that this would be something in the near future (hopefully even for our "pre-anniversary" on May 9th) - so I thought there was a slight sense of urgency

2) Do I give off some bad vibe to people? lol. I don't get it.

3) Maybe when I suggested May 9th, it was too soon? But wouldn't they say that and suggest a date they're available?

AHH - Please help me! This is starting to piss me off!

#18 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:25 PM

Wow, does it always happen this way? Without a word of a lie I checked my e-mail before I posted this. Afterwards I checked again and bingo - a reply from Fuller Edge! This forum is magic!!

#19 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:33 PM

lol - doesn't that ALWAYS happen? if that's the case, I HAVEN'T WON THE $300 million lotto YET!

(running to check my email)

#20 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                    • 4,979 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

Alrighty - so I'm ready to book the photographer!! Do I ask to see a contract? She needs a deposit, which I expect and she's quoted me prices and told me whats included which I have all in an e-mail from her. Do I just go ahead with the deposit or do I ask for a contract?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users