Photo

Where are all the Bahamas brides & grooms?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
  • Banned
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

I'm curious how many we have on here. When are you all getting married and where?

We had to re-plan everything so sometime next spring.
    Our location isn't locked in yet, but we got the okay for a private resort/home on the tip of New Providence. (Photos in my bio)

#2 Hazel

Hazel
    • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

I was looking to do a pre-wedding sunset cruise, so I will look into this. Thanks.

#3 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
      • Banned
      • 242 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

We checked into a catamaran originally. The venue we are using has a private yaht, so I think we are going to use that to take us there. We are seeing if there is a way that they can pull into the Atlantis Marina to have our guests board rather than the main boat docks.

Does anyone know of any cake makers out there? I know our venue has an excellent chef, but I'd like quotes from a few places.

#4 monkey

monkey
        • 49 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

When I was there one of the consultants recommended The Cake Box. Their website doesn't have much, but you could probably contact them. We aren't interested in an elaborate cake, so didn't pursue it much. I have to touch base with the coordinators I met regarding what vendors they use, if they send me any other suggestions I will let you know.

Home Page

#5 hollym

hollym
          • 62 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:50 AM

I'm a hopeful Bahamas bride! We haven't set any locations in stone yet, but I think we're going to get married at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach in Freeport on Grand Bahamas Island. It seems to have everything I want for my size group.

We've picked January 2010. It's just over a year, we didn't want an engagement any longer and it will be winter break for Matt's Law school so he won't have to miss any class. We're super excited!!! I also love the idea of the Bahamas because I've always wanted to swim with the dolphins :)
            mattandhollytietheknot.com

#6 Erin1980

Erin1980
            • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

I'm a Bahamas bride!!
              May 27, 09 at the Sandals.
              We're also taking our guests on a post-wedding gift - catamaran for the ladies, and deepsea fishing for the men, both of which were arranged by Seahorse Sailing stationed at Atlantis.

#7 loua4

loua4
              • 397 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

Hey! I am a Bahamas bride! RIU Paradise Island is where we tied the knot, and it was wonderful! Highly recommend it to everyone. We got married this November 27/10.

#8 tiffany41580

tiffany41580
                • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

I am getting married there May 6,2011,

How was it? Did you have your reception and wedding there? 

#9 loua4

loua4
                  • 397 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tiffany41580 

I am getting married there May 6,2011,

How was it? Did you have your reception and wedding there? 

It was wonderful! Such a nice place. We had our wedding and did a semi-private dinner and then had the back terrace to ourselves after dinner. it was so great!

#10 Tina486

Tina486
                    • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Loua4: I'm so happy I found someone who got married in Riu recently! Congrats on your wedding. I'm glad it turned great! Which theme and package did you pick? We have about 40-50 guests. We wanted to stay at Sandals but we found out they don't allow kids. So we're really going towards Riu. Did Riu have entertainments or did you have to provide entertainments for your guests? How was your decorations?

Tiffany: Did you already book that day? Which package are you going to do? Are you doing the semi-private or private?

Thanks,

Tina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users