2 die in parasailing accident in Mayan Riviera

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:37 AM

This is very sad. Now I am going to think twice before suggesting parasailing with my dad when we return next year for our wedding.

#12 nibsmom

• 564 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

How sad. I would never do it though, well, not on vacation. When we went to a DW last year in Jamaica, the resort we were at warned us up and down not to do it, because none of the operators had the proper insurance if there was an accident. It sounded like a lot of them didn't have insurance...so now I wonder where ever I go just how responsible those people really are.

#13 VistaImagery

• 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

Yes, Jacqueline, you read it correctly. The captain did flee the scene, but was later taken into custody (after being found in a marina in another town). I never heard what happened to him, but I hope he is in jail. As for the companies having insurance, I wouldn't count on it. You sign a waiver releasing them from any responsiblity, in most cases. I'm no lawyer, so not sure if you could sue them and win. Regardless, a law suit won't bring these poor ladies back. On a good note though, I rarely hear of accidents like this. Unfortunately, when they do occur, they are horrific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users