Sign in to follow this  
SunBride

2 die in parasailing accident in Mayan Riviera

News like this is always terribley disturbing and sad. Its a shame that these things happen when people work so hard and save to go on vacation just to have a good time and end up getting hurt or killed because someone didnt do their job. I hope the persons responsible for this are shut down and held responsible so this doesnt happen to anyone else. My thoughts are with their families.

omg that is SO terrible! those poor women :o(

did i read that correctly where it said the captain of the boat fled the scene after it happened? what a bastard if thats true.

I can't even begin to imagine what was going through these ladies heads as they were flying through the air disconnected from the boat and headed towards the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I can't even begin to imagine what was going through these ladies heads as they were flying through the air disconnected from the boat and headed towards the rocks.
omg i know thats what i thought too. i cant imagine. u just never know. :o(
they were older too so they probably have familes and maybe even grand kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I can - I had a very similar experience skydiving although luckily I came out almost unharmed.

Given that experience (sky diving) I was hesistant about going parasailing but I researched it before our trip to the Dominican last year, and similar to skydiving, the accident rate seemed quite low so I decided to do it. Looking back I wonder why I was so stupid. It seemed like a normal thing to do because there were hundreds of people doing it every day during the week we were there. But after reading another story like this (I had read a few others when researching it before that trip) I wouldn't do it again. I'm sorry to be putting a negative generalization / stereotype out there, but these places just don't have the same security standards as we do in Canada/U.S. Sure, negligent accidents can happen here (my skydiving accident is a prime example) but they are more common down south. I mean they blatantly disobeyed the closure of the area due to bad weather