Photo

2 die in parasailing accident in Mayan Riviera

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

LisaG posted this in another thread http://bestdestinati....2-2#post570201 but I thought I would post it here for more people to see and discuss

2 Carrollton women killed in parasailing accident near Cancļn, Mexico | QuickDFW.com - Dallas/Fort Worth - Click It, Read It, Go! | news local

#2 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

Thanks! It's just so sad.

#3 MonoAmor

MonoAmor
      • 93 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

News like this is always terribley disturbing and sad. Its a shame that these things happen when people work so hard and save to go on vacation just to have a good time and end up getting hurt or killed because someone didnt do their job. I hope the persons responsible for this are shut down and held responsible so this doesnt happen to anyone else. My thoughts are with their families.

#4 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

omg that is SO terrible! those poor women :o(

did i read that correctly where it said the captain of the boat fled the scene after it happened? what a bastard if thats true.

#5 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

I can't even begin to imagine what was going through these ladies heads as they were flying through the air disconnected from the boat and headed towards the rocks.

#6 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
            • 5,681 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

wow, so sad

#7 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LisaG
                I can't even begin to imagine what was going through these ladies heads as they were flying through the air disconnected from the boat and headed towards the rocks.
                omg i know thats what i thought too. i cant imagine. u just never know. :o(
                they were older too so they probably have familes and maybe even grand kids.

#8 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LisaG
                  I can - I had a very similar experience skydiving although luckily I came out almost unharmed.

Given that experience (sky diving) I was hesistant about going parasailing but I researched it before our trip to the Dominican last year, and similar to skydiving, the accident rate seemed quite low so I decided to do it. Looking back I wonder why I was so stupid. It seemed like a normal thing to do because there were hundreds of people doing it every day during the week we were there. But after reading another story like this (I had read a few others when researching it before that trip) I wouldn't do it again. I'm sorry to be putting a negative generalization / stereotype out there, but these places just don't have the same security standards as we do in Canada/U.S. Sure, negligent accidents can happen here (my skydiving accident is a prime example) but they are more common down south. I mean they blatantly disobeyed the closure of the area due to bad weather

#9 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

This is terribly sad. My heart goes out to their families. This has definitely deterred me from going parasailing during my stay in February.

#10 jhawkev

jhawkev
                    • 124 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

My heart goes out to their families That is so horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users